The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Yeah, the window has gone stale.

Karius, Ojo, Shaqiri, Origi is still around. Mikey is acting like last season’s Firmino.

We made a bit of a hash of it, by all accounts. Showed him round Melwood, I think Gerrard (his favourite player) didn’t show up, said he’d have to go in the U23s and then we made a derisory offer to MK Dons.

Pretty hard to sell when so few are buying. A handful of big deals at the top end but the middle of the market seems to have hit a wall.

Twelve of the top twenty most expensive transfers this summer have been purchases by Premier League clubs and seven of those are in the top ten most expensive. Clearly the Covid impact on finances are being felt across Europe.

Really looks like we’ll have to compromise on fees and possibly pay some of the wages of those players to actually get them gone. But starting to feel more and more like the likes of Shaq, Origi and Phillips will be here still once the window closes.

3 Likes

I’d have a go at Pedri.

See how fucked they really are.

1 Like

:0))

4 Likes

You can so easily picture him and Trent celebrating like that together.

A lot.

5 Likes

He looks fat

1 Like

Are you still remembering the picture of my pillow? :rofl:

1 Like

Fat isn’t what I feel like he looks like, he does remind me of something though…

images

Mbappe; Born 1998.

Dida; In France in 1998 for the World Cup.

Mbappe and his “dad”;

3 Likes

Possible explanation why Shaqiri move to Lyon on hold.

4 Likes
2 Likes

His contract expires next year. Interesting that they’d consider a loan now. Unless he had some kind of additional year option in his contract.

If Lyon plan to play Shaqiri at LB (why not, maybe would’ve survived longer at the top level)…

:joy:

Joking of course, but Cornet’s been converted to a LB last season.

1 Like

I would guess that he would sign a new deal before moving, even if it would be a loan until January(?).

Hadn’t Woodburn really impressed the coaching staff.

Playing the journos for fools now. You wonder at this point if the club agreed the Hendo thing for a laugh.

1 Like

It’s presumably the cash they need from the deal isn’t it, rather than freeing up a position?

1 Like

Perhaps he did and perhaps they were so publicly effusive with their praise as a way of persuading him to sign an extension?

4 Likes

It’s tough to crack into the first team picture at Liverpool. We will have lots of good players who won’t get there. Along the way we can, and should, praise them, for lots of reasons.

Woodburn can be both good, and not good enough for Liverpool.

3 Likes

On about players who were fans of clubs then there dreams come true and they end up playing for that team….I always remember Robbie Keane

I have far far fonder memories of Chelsea fan Peter Crouch than I do Keane, Kewell or Lambert

1 Like