The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I’d question it even if it is the Echo but it was annoying to see what his agent tweeted

1 Like

Malick Kebe is not actually Keita’s agent. In 2017 the BBC quoted him and referred to him as a football agent who “helped Keita find his first club in Guinea”. Between 2018 and 2021 there were no mentions of Kebe being Keita’s agent. Then earlier this month Kebe himself tweeted “Subhadip banerjee j’ai pas besoin d’être suivi par des journalistes et je suis loin d’être l’agent de Naby.” Which essentially translated to denying he is Keita’s agent.

Keita’s agency is ROOF (https://roof.football/) and as you might have guessed by now, Malick Kebe does not work for them.

The whole thing was journalists jumping on a random tweet by a guy who knew Keita when he was a kid. (Or more likely, journalists brainlessly regurgitating other stories they had seen about Keit’a agent and not one of them bothered to check if it was true - because we live in age where journalism is about clicks not facts).

8 Likes

Naby lad, everyone would love you to earn a prominent role in the team, but the willingness isn’t really the issue, is it.

2 Likes

i think this will have to be repeated all season long. I’m not going to repeat what I have already said on the matter this season I will keep it for another time in about 2 weeks I suppose.

2 Likes

3 months ago, it was Hendo refusing to sign a new deal.
5 months ago it was Edwards looking to walk out
12 months ago it was FSG not spending cash

I bet in December it will not doubt be The Kop are at fault for Global Warming

1 Like

It’s all the winning isn’t it…

2 Likes

Tbf, match going Man City fans definitely have a smaller carbon footprint.

4 Likes

Try not tripping up a blade of grass and getting injured!

not per capita…

ive heard theyre not even the recylable type…

1 Like

You’re right, I totally forgot about all those plastic flags.

2 Likes

But now, LFC can handle that with SC Johnson. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This Jarred Bowen rumour is persistent, it’s a bit odd, I assume we sent a scout once.

Can’t see us signing him.

1 Like

No its all the singing causing too much Carbon Dioxide

I don’t like the Bowen link. Fine if it’s a name in a sea of names when the window is open, as it is all smoke and mirrors, but I agree, it is pretty persistent.

If we sign him, good luck to him and I hope he does well. But he seems a level below what we need.

1 Like

Bowen’s a good player who’s had a good start to the season. Don’t think it’s that odd a link, could see Klopp being a fan of the player. Never will good enough to Mane or Salah but a really good squad option. The price would now be prohibitive so it’s not going to happen, he’s too important for West Ham.

2 Likes

2nd most threat provided so far in the league after Trent.

2 Likes

That’s why I don’t think we would be interested, the cost would be too high on a squad option.

1 Like

The rumours at the moment are ‘only’ £20m. I’m sure West Ham would want more than that if he continues his form this season, but if that’s the price then it’s pretty reasonable for a squad option who we could actually use.

True but rumours are just that. I can’t see them selling for 20m unless there is a clause. This is on the back of a decent last season as well.

1 Like

Does the rumour still make sense with Elliot and Gordon in the squad and getting playing time?

5 Likes