The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Nope.

• We are playing a very good season

• We have a huge squad that can be considered as ‘full’

• Klopp rates Squad players like Origi and Minamino

• most of our new signings usually need time to adapt.

6 Likes

Guessing no transfers or loans out then from the first team?

1 Like

We probably won’t because Klopp likes a settled unit and doesn’t want to disrupt the squad with new arrivals unless essential but to play devil’s advocate on your points;

*That’s the best time to strengthen, if you wait for things to go wrong you’re fighting to constantly stay still, you’re not improving you’re just getting back to the level you were at before things went wrong

*Karius for one doesn’t need to be listed and Phillips is likely leaving. We could easily and cheaply move Adrian out and get a similar level “homegrown” player. We have underage players to cover Phillips role without taking up a senior squad. There are other contenders for moving on if we have to make room for a required incoming player or players.

*Klopp likes them and rates them as cover, and this season they are definitely filling those roles spectacularly, but he doesn’t rate them in the same way as he rated Jota who has come in and improved our “undroppable” front 3.

*That’s actually a good argument as to why someone we will need for next season should be bought this winter and settle in over the next half season.

2 Likes

Wonder will Karius and Nat go? Should be fine (no jinx) with 4 centre half’s from now on in the season for him to move. Karius seems to be like he himself is stopping moves for himself. Notice Jürgen didn’t even mention him with the 7 keepers training with the first team.

I think Klopp has been quite open on Phillips staying here for 6 more months whilst they saw how the injured CBs returned from injury. Seems everyone wants and sees a move as the best now. Karius doesn’t actually have to move, we just don’t have to use up a place on the squad lists on him.

2 Likes

I expect the rumour mill to churn up a few that we may sign in the summer, one or two might actually be accurate.

4 Likes

Could only see us doing something like a Minamino type move where there might be an under priced deal to be had.

Possibly a would be bosman in the summer secured on the cheap now.

1 Like

I can definitely see us adding at least one but they won’t be a stop gap. It will only be a long term target who, through circumstances, might happen to be available in January.

Otherwise, the activity is likely to be outwards. Karius, Phillips, and perhaps Minamino at the end of the window depending on the condition of our other forwards at that time. Connor Bradley or Neco might also get a loan.

4 Likes

Doubt it, with AFCON he’s likely to get a lot of games in January and will either shine, thus we’ll want to keep him on OR he’ll flop, thus nobody will be banging down our door to take him.

2 Likes

I can see us dealing with some loans.
Minamino is going nowhere!
Nat won’t go to any old bidder, he has time on his side, so he’s staying put.
Karius won’t get any offers so hopefully a loan but I doubt that highly.
Some will get very bored and frustrated during this window me thinks, even if there are matches going on.

2 Likes

The window closes about the same time that Afcon ends. Should the players exit the tournament early, Minamino may not get much playing time.

Whole lot of different scenarios could play out here.

We are all surmising they arrive home fit from the AFCON…!!

1 Like

I don’t understand why there’s constant talk here about Minamino leaving. Jürgen has constantly been talking about how much he rates Minamino, I find it hard to believe we’ll then let him go just like that…

3 Likes

Is AFCON still going ahead?

Seems to be. Was worry about the new varient from the players but seems Liverpool have accepted it by asking to send their African players late.

They asked that before the new variant showed up.

1 Like

Apologies in advance to any African fans, but a variant that was just serious enough to force a cancellation while at the same time not being serious enough to cause any other inconvenience would be the ideal solution.
Come on boffins, get to work in your labs!

:wink:

Out of contract at end of season, correct? He would be a idiot to turn down any loan move if he wants someone to actually give him a contract next season. Has he even played 1 game? u23’s? I think he might still be suffering from the concussion he got during the CL finals.

4 Likes

He’s lost his hot gf too.

Sad.

Taffarel will whip him into shape to keep Becker on his toes! Ok, I’m kidding, Karius is done here.

As for potential signings, I could see some action if the opportunity presented itself. No panic. But if someone we have been after for a while becomes available, we might move, especially if it is in an area where we don’t have as much depth.

1 Like