The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Do people still believe this guy knows anything when it comes to our transfer plans let alone targets?

He’s relying on club published photos to work out the travelling party which isn’t exactly insider knowledge is it?

2 Likes

Said it before, will say it again. Nobody non-internal will know anything about our transfer plans. At the very most one might make educated guesses, but there aren’t any leaks anymore.

1 Like

We’re in the race for Zakaria apparently.

He is in advanced talks with Dortmund from what the papers in Germany say.

At Dortmund he would join his former Gladbach coach Marco Rose.

1 Like

Do you think he would be good enough to make the step up for us or a Bayern for example? I can’t say I’ve seen a huge amount of him but from what I have seen I’m not sure he’s quite at the very top level yet.

1 Like

Nope, not good enough.

Another overhyped Gladbach midfielder like Neuhaus, who can’t even get in a poor side anymore.

1 Like

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool lead the race to sign Jude Bellingham next summer

Jurgen Klopp has identified Bellingham, 18, to bolster his midfield ranks where his main options include Jordan Henderson, 31, and Fabinho, 28.

At £90m, it would make Bellingham Liverpool’s most expensive ever signing ahead of Virgil Van Dijk , who cost £75m.

• The Mirror
3 Likes

Yes, except the price.

Here are the responses from the TAN posters.

:+1: :heart: 3256

Give that money to Salah and play Morton, Elliot and Jones instead.

Get Bellingham for £90m and play him alongside Morton, Elliott and Jones (once Salah has retired after winning us 3 more CLs, PLs and a balon d’or to keep him happy)

Looks like that started today with the Dybala rumour, which probably isn’t “accurate” or even true.

3 Likes

Plenty of reports on the Konate deal way in advance of any actual confirmation our side. Same with Thiago even though the local guys were clearly being fed the “we’re not interested” line from the club.

As tight lipped as we can stay, there’s so many parties involved in transfers these days that we can’t fully control everything. We also send scouts to watch games where they’ll end up on a list of scouts attending games and it often doesn’t take much to determine who they are there and likely watching.

Interestingly, I saw an interview with Danny Ings about his move to Villa and he was saying it happened very very quickly but in order for it to happen no one was allowed to say anything. So much so his own family found out at the same time it was announced to the public. I guess the speed of the move helps keep the lips sealed too.

As always with rumours, we’ll be more inclined to believe the ones we like than the ones we don’t. Enjoy the speculation and don’t get too wrapped up in it all and it can actually be quite fun trying to work out where it’s coming from and the chances of it being genuine.

6 Likes

I think this is the important bit. I never believe anything that comes our way in advance through the media close to the club. They say what the club wants put out there. They only really get an inside scoop a very short time before something breaks (which is the real exciting time obviously). But nearly all our signings are rumbled about at the other end that something at least is going on and the player is on the move (Fabinho) and Liverpool are at least a listed interested party (most others) if not the out and out clear destination (Thiago).

Sometimes the journalists more at this end start repeating that information like its their own or to confirm the info like they’ve had it confirmed by the club. I tend to take that behaviour with a pinch of salt even if its sometimes right as its what ITKs tend to do, analyse the stories out there and take speculative guesses in my opinion. But it’s all about opinion and if people choose to believe them it’s on them.

Hopefully no more unreliable links to Franck Kessie after last night.

Rubbish player living off a reputation. Would be lucky to be 9th choice here.

7 Likes

Don’t think we’d be linked at all if he wasn’t going to be free in the summer.

1 Like

Paris Saint-Germain are willing to listen to loan offers for Georginio Wijnaldum during the January transfer window.

2 Likes

Could be a lot of teams after him this window if true.

1 Like

Would say there will be plenty of takers. Don’t even think he’s been that bad for PSG. Clubs like Arsenal and United should be fighting for this mans signature. Thankfully they won’t

1 Like

Why not us?

1 Like

Sign him up on loan and make them pay 75% of his wages… Will fit back in nicely and booster the squad for January onwards

2 Likes