The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I think the question of whether it would be sensible to bring Wijnaldum back in January for the second half of the season can only really be answered in January. If we’re suffering an injury crisis in midfield then it’s a no-brainer. If not, then it would do neither the club nor Gini any favours.

4 Likes

I very much doubt PSG will be loaning him out 6 months after signing him, they hardly need the cash. Wiki says he’s made 14 appearances out of 17 league games, it’s not got the minutes played but still it doesn’t sound bad for a new comer to the squad. I think this is just paper talk.

2 Likes

We’ve got loads of midfielders. Even with Elliot out long term, Jones getting a freak injury, Keita and Milner pulling hamstrings we still haven’t struggled to pick a good midfield 3.

7 Likes

Don’t see the point in Wijnaldum on loan for six months.

Can’t see Klopp wanting a stop gap if he can help it. He’d leave in the summer and we almost certainly wouldn’t be buying him at that point even though we’ll likely need a CM then. So he just fills a squad spot but the lads who are here already will almost certainly be given game time ahead of him.

2 Likes

Only one central midfielder I’m really interested in us bringing in - Bellingham.

2 Likes

If Gini was brought back until the end of the season our chances of winning the CL have just doubled…

Bring him back, plonk him on the bench and see how the games and injuries to others unfold

If he does help us win something special, negotiate then if he stays or not…

He could be our next Milly

2 Likes

Jack Reacher?

1 Like

Really? That is awesome. We broke Sergio Biscuits, haha!

1 Like

Say this story had not appeared. Would anyone be suggesting that we should get a midfielder on loan in January? Almost probably not.

I know you have to react to changing circumstances and should we be facing an injury crisis akin to the defensive one last year, then of course it would make sense. He knows the club, players and systems, so would hit the ground running from day 1.

But as things stand between Hendo, Fab, Ox, Keita, Milner, Thiago and Morton all currently ‘fit’ and Jones and Elliott to hopefully return at some point, I would like to think we’re okay.

I just don’t see this as a move Klopp would make unless circumstances were dire.

2 Likes

Yep, he was giving it large before the game if I remember. Over 2 years of crying probably.

The days of Barca unsettling your players are long gone!

4 Likes

We don’t tend to make signings for the short term.

If we were facing an injury crisis in CM the two options I think we would look for would be;

A; Use what we have. Players like Alexander-Arnold (with Williams and Bradley covering RB), Tsimikas (with Owen Beck covering Robertson), Gomez (with VvD, Matip, Konate and Phillips still at CB), Minamino and even Firmino all able to play some time here if really required. Plus Klopp is never scared to see how the best academy kids can cope. This to me is the most likely eventuality.

B; I think we will have a list of potential targets for CM in case either of Ox or Keita get an offer from a club they want to move to. Both are set to have 12 months left on their deals and I think the club will be open to offers if good enough due to their availability. Neither might move, both might or one might. So I expect the club has fully done its homework on multiple targets in case they need to bring in one or two in Summer 2022. If possible they would then look to move one of those deals forward.

If Klopp is REALLY worried about his ability to cope with what he has in CM and there is an ideal target lined up for the summer that can’t be brought forward then, and only then in my opinion, would he look at a short term option. But even then I would expect them to at least look at someone who could POTENTIALLY become a long term solution like they did at CB last winter window. There were probably older and more reliable CBs available than Kabak but there was a chance Kabak could possibly work out on a long term basis and could have saved us the £30 odd million for Konate in the process.

1 Like

I think the psychology of the group is also important. In other words, a new blend is emerging, post Gini, with youngsters getting a bit more of a look in, and presumably more to come from Morton, and definitely Jones and Elliot when fit. They are all finding their place, but if Gini comes back, even for half a season, he jumps ahead of them and I’m not altogether sure that’s a good thing.

So… no for me. Don’t go back, even for a half season loan. It would also be awkward for Gini, especially after saying he didn’t feel the love. And finally, I doubt PSG would sanction it.

2 Likes

Yep the short term pain of them finding their feet and having teething issues will be worth it for the long term gain. Wijnaldum on 6 months loan may ease the short term pain of them being rookies but may lessen the long term gain.

To be honest the benefits of having Gini consistently available aren’t all that obvious when compared to how well Morton, Jones and (particularly, but only small sample size so far) Elliott have done in their games anyway.

1 Like

If Gini was played in the CL only…
It is only 7games that the youngsters would miss out on (that’s if they were chosen)
God forbid but if we were 2 goals down at half-time in the CL final, who would you prefer to bring off the bench - Morton or Gini…! No Brainer
Chelski and Cheaters looking strong at the moment…!!!
Bring him back…

Do we even have space in the squad registration rules to bring him back?

1 Like

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

12 Likes

Him as well of course :joy:

1 Like

How does this even make sense? Why would those be our only options on the bench?

3 Likes

Why the fuck you even replying to me…
You said your piece the other week, so stick to your word and keep me on ignore…

Can anyone name a footballer who recently left his new club after 6 months or even returned to his former club?

Can’t believe how many posters are naive enough to fall for this media bullshit.

1 Like