The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

When in doubt, blame AFCON

Thank you.

And thank you too.

As much as we like to think our club is squeaky clean we did nearly botch our record signing with some shady tapping up and we admitted to accessing a rival clubs scouting software.

Sure, itā€™s not human rights atrocities or FFP violations but itā€™s also far more real than imaginary bribes to hide positive Covid tests and then staging a fake outbreak to hide their misdemeanors.

2 Likes

So move a game because of AFCON despite it still needing to be played during AFCON but when our fixtures are more congested? So they think we are corrupt and stupid?

Look once again Iā€™ll point out I donā€™t believe the idea but I think the suspicion has a lot more merit than you make out. Nobody is claiming they staged an outbreak. People are suspicious that, when all other teams were struggling to put out effective squads, City were having no problem. As more than half the people showing positive in lateral flow tests would not be symptomatic its not outside the realms of possibility that a club with lots of previous evidence of corruption could see the benefit in getting a few faked negative tests recorded amongst asymptotic positive footballers so they didnā€™t get into trouble naming strong squads. I donā€™t believe it but all this argument has been is you and others purposely misunderstanding and misrepresenting the suspicion.

So youā€™re just making stuff up and arguing about it for fun even though you donā€™t actually believe it.

Iā€™ll come back when thereā€™s a transfer rumour to discuss. Most of them are complete fabrications too but more believable than this nonsense.

2 Likes

In response to this can so just say a couple of things.

1. In all likelihood City havenā€™t fiddled their covid situation to gain an advantage. It would be a bit far fetched.

2. It is entirely forgivable, given their recent, history to assume bad faith in pretty much everything they do.

So while I donā€™t really think that they are diddling covid tests, Iā€™m not going to drag anyone over the coals for thinking they have.

8 Likes

Is this the unreliable rumours discussion thread or the crackpot Covid faking thread?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying heā€™s not a good player, but for many reasons it makes little sense and there are plenty of better options available.

The idea of having two teenagers under 5ā€™8 trying to compete against Bissouma and Mwepu, Rice and Soucek, nevermind the midfielders at City and Chelsea, is more than a bit ridiculous tbh. Thatā€™s not a plan thatā€™s going to win many games of football in this league.

4 Likes

This thread is now in self isolation due to positive covid tests. Come back again please.

6 Likes

Imaginary bribes?
Who mentioned that?

At least play fair when arguing.

See below.

Back to unreliable rumours if we can. Reports coming from Neil Jones that Milner will indeed be moving on come the summer to continue playing elsewhere. Surely means weā€™ll be after a CM in the summer, ideally one that can cover a couple of roles.

2 Likes

I think if Bissoumaā€™s legal issues have been sorted we could go for him. Can play DM and is a very good box to box midfielder. Will also only have one year left on his contract at Brighton so could be signed for a decent price. Another AFCON player though :grimacing:

Buy him and sell Keita only one AFCON mdf

I think we all expected this to be Milnerā€™s last season anyway. It was doubtful he would get another contract. I expect heā€™ll get 12 months off Leeds and then pack in.

4 Likes

Just hope he comes back to us to coach in our youth setupā€¦

9 Likes

8 Likes

Is this recent?

Every time I see net spend tables like this itā€™s another reminder of what a Legend of a manager we have at our beloved club.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a shame itā€™s bollocks.

Using transfermarket have looked at the numbers, and from start of season 17/18 to now weā€™ve spent approx Ā£130m.

That still puts us way below Man United and City, so still impressive.

6 Likes

Not to mention the massive amount of contract renewals weā€™ve done and bonusā€™ paid out.

1 Like