The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Red Card Football GIF by ElevenSportsBE

4 Likes

dean winchester what GIF

5 Likes

Surely thatā€™s a straight red

5 Likes

I guess that highly inadvisable was the saving grace :rofl:

wow, this conversation went dark pretty quickly

time consider GIF

2 Likes

@Dutch: Wow, if they are the source, then that must be true, at least to an extent. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever read a transfer rumour they originated that turned out to be false. I havenā€™t seen him play, though, but judging by Liverpoolā€™s post-Kromkamp Dutch players, Iā€™m always in for another. :slight_smile: So, a lowdown on him, please?

1 Like

The good

He is a winger who mostly plays from the left side but is not afraid to wander around and turn up on the right side. He is fast shoots well and can outplay his opponents he tries to find the direct way to the goal.

He is a normal guy.

The not so good

He is a poor header -he is 1.89- and he has the tendency not to show up in big games IMO. He almost only played in the Dutch Eredivisie and they donā€™t call that league the Mickey Mouse league for noting.

Do I want to see him at Liverpool? Donā€™t know if he is good enough or if he can grow to be good enough nor do I know if he has the work rate for Liverpool since you donā€™t need that in the Eredivisie, but hĆ© what do I know, I saw Jota play with Wolves several times but never thought that is a Liverpool player. :grinning:

2 Likes

Dutch? Right-footed left winger? Tall?

I immediately think of El Ghazi. :joy:

1 Like

Tall and Dutch I am thinking of Ryan Babel.

Good one, another one who had the body/height to be more physical/aggressive than he was. Riera was another. But letā€™s not go too much off topic.

:joy:

1 Like

Orlando Engelaar, surely?! :joy:

Thereā€™s a new Dutch winger every year thatā€™s supposed to be the next big thing; Malen, Kluivert, Elia, Promes, Bergwijn, Afellay etc.

They havenā€™t had a good one since Robben came through. Depay is the best of the lot since then which says it all.

Never seen Gakpo play, but Iā€™m going to take a wild swing and say heā€™s not good enough.

1 Like

Apparently Villa will test our resolve with a bid for Gomez.
Unfortunately for us he needs to move on as he is 4th choice.
He is rusty but with a run of games heā€™ll be as good as new.
I prefer him over Konate from what Ive seen of Konate so far to be honest.
Just wonder if Gomez has lost his recovery pace since this latest injury?

The great thing about Chukwuemeka is that if he gets knocked down, he gets up again.

10 Likes

Hopefully John Prescott is wearing his waterproofs.

Why would Gomez need to move on? I mean he might be 4th choice at the moment, but it happened many times during the Kloppā€™s reign that pecking order at CB changed quickly. Gomez is a quality player and just needs a run of games (preferably not partnered by a youngster but rather VVD or Konate) to be back at his best.

And even more important, we just cannot risk of going through the 2nd half of the season with only 3 senior centre-backs available (assuming Nat leaves in January). Remember what happened last season? Besides, we all know that Matip cannot play more than two games a week and he is also injury prone. We will likely play 3 games a week for the rest of the season and Matip surely will not play more than 2/3 of those games (if he remains fit at all for the rest of the season). Even VVD will have to be rested from time to time. So there will be some game time for Gomez definitely - in fact, he would most certainly have played at least 4-5 games in October-December period, if he was not injured precisely at that time.

9 Likes

I think it comes down to the player at the end of the day.
Sit on our bench or play regular.
Even when fit Konate gets the nod except the CC game v Leicester.

Gomez has said himself he wants to be considered for the world cup squadā€¦ For that he also needs to be playing regular matchesā€¦ While Matip is playing so well, JG can be nursed back to full recovery and it might just be a case of him remaining patient for a while longer

Thatā€™s objective, last 2 games heā€™s been terrible.

1 Like

Trueā€¦ but still a tad too early to drop him though
Another game or two similar to his last twoā€¦ then pressure should be right on him