The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I agree with everything you say. I STILL believe he would flourish at LFC, there is a natural talent in him. Levy is a very hard negotiator, but it will be a miracle if it were to happen, bit I can’t see him in the near future :weary:

3 Likes

Gerrard should get him for Villa. That would be a neat circle.

3 Likes

Raphina to West Ham? Surely he can do better than that.

2 Likes

At wing back? :yum:

There is no doubt that Alli would be a much better player now if he had joined Liverpool.
But that is never going to happen now.
His formative years are over, and he has reached his potential.
Pity it wasn’t fully developed.

3 Likes

Well at least he has become a multi miljonair.

I don’t think there’s any chance he goes to West Ham, a big mistake by him if he did. He’s a Bayern, Madrid, Liverpool, PSG level player, those are the clubs he should be aiming for.

1 Like

Ironically, I keep seeing people referring to our keeper Ali as Alli, leading to even more confusion -_-

2 Likes

He’s the same age Salah was when we bought him.

1 Like

Alli’s hardly the type of character we’re interested in.

He’ll probably spend the rest of his career bouncing from one Premier League club to the next.

A roll of the dice we simply do not need to take, there are better players available.

6 Likes

I realise that, but I think Salah has/had a sense of determination about him that I dont sense in Alli.
Maybe a bit unfair but its just my impression.

1 Like

And we have Elliot and Jones… why potentially restrict any minutes for them with a project.

We are at a point where top players are rejecting clubs to wait for us, no need for risk signing anymore.

3 Likes

The ship has long since sailed on Delli Alli. Feel a bit sorry for him as his name came out of the hat when Mourinho was choosing a player to string up as a stick for the others.

Regarding LFC the story I heard was that they gave him the treatment that any young player would get, and Rodgers told him he’d be starting with the kids and would have to work his way in. Also Gerrard didn’t turn up to meet him. Spurs rolled the carpet out and told him he was straight in the first team. Huge difference in wages.

4 Likes

Feeling like this is being done purposely now :rofl:

As we all know, it’s spelled Deli Alley… the place you can always go to find fresh luncheon meats.

3 Likes

Might have worked out better for him in the long term had him and his advisors chosen the harder path. We can blame Mourinho I suppose but it’s hard to argue that his development had started to plateau under Pochettino.

He’d have been here, waiting in the wings for Klopp to mould and develop and be a much more rounded and developed player. Or he might not have, we will never know, but I think had he taken the rockier road he probably would have been a far better and far more successful player.

1 Like
3 Likes

Hope we say fuck off to any loan offers for Taki. He went on loan to Southampton last season and barely got a kick. Sell for cash, even if its only 5-10m. Just goes to show that the ‘risk free’ transfers like his (at the time we congratulated ourselves for triggering his release clause which was ‘only 7.5m’ and were confident that even if it didnt work out we’d make a good profit) aren’t always so risk free. When you consider wages etc I can’t see us making anything on him and its not like he’s produced much of note for two years he’s taken up a squad spot.

2 Likes

I think Taki would do quite well at Leeds albeit not on loan

1 Like

No @Maria just no…

That middle pic needs a bit more blurring out :woozy_face: :nauseated_face: