The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

If you say that fast enough, it will sound like J o t a h…

1 Like
1 Like

Went straight over the top of my head to be completely honest.

I’ve watched both play a few times since lock down last and this new season, but by no means count myself as an expert on Upamecano or Kabak but from what i’ve seen Kabak is no VVD in size,stature or heading ability and shouldn’t be picked over Upamecano off the back of that stat at all,it doesn’t make him a better fit for us because he’s not a VVD replacement,he’s a Gomez competition/3rd/4th place CB and someone to come in and do a job now,not in 3 years time which is what Kabak would need in experience.

2 Likes

Hi my name is redbj

Not sure why, but, You must not have seen my posts around the forums …

Lovely to meet you

7 Likes

Guys, relax. We are signing Omar Colley :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I will be honest in that I’ve never seen any of the said CB’s suggestions play - from my memory. So i cant really offer any opinion on them.
That saying, the way our CB partnerships have developed under Klopp’s stewardship, it appears he is keen on players comfortable under possession with the ability to bring the ball out/play the diagonal ball. Ahead of them winning headers so going by peoples opinion it will be Upamenco (sp). Either way, i trust in Klopp and Edwards so what ever happens, happens.

Coady will be the signing in January.
Go to Paddy Power, put all your spare cash on that.

1 Like

I think if we do dip into the market. Which ironically is all bullshit speculation. Then it will probably be someone we don’t even know. How many journalists were correct about Werner. Dembelle. Mpappe. Etc over the summer. Made tons of claims. None correct.

Hope not. He’s a long way off good enough and will cost a fortune.

1 Like

Also doesn’t suit our system at all. He’s great anchoring a 3 man central defense.

1 Like

Ah I know…its just unreliable!

1 Like

Yeah as much as the footballing romantic in me would love to see him return he’s a shockingly bad fit to the work we have our CBs do. Slight possibility he could do a role as our number 6 but definitely not as a starter. Why would he leave a decent Wolves side competing for Europe where he plays week in week out as their captain and started to get England caps to come here and be a squad Player? I’m sure he’d love to be at Liverpool but not under those conditions. And he’d cost us a fortune. Possibly more than Jota. He’s their leader like Henderson is ours and what they do off the pitch is worth more than their abilities on it (not to say they aren’t good or great players just brilliant off the pitch).

2 Likes

Listened to the latest podcast with Pearce…

According to him, he thinks we should aim for a CB this January. But you can also sense that he thinks the club will do it. Of course, it’s not easy in January.

I initially didn’t like the idea of going into this season with 3 + Fabinho. But my fears were aimed towards the injury record/form oscillations of Matip and Gomez. In the end, something worse than that happened.

I also don’t think we’re ready to move Fabinho to CB long term. I still believe we very much count on him in the next years as a midfielder and only a CB if we really have to, here and there.

Maybe one of the kids/backup players do an Eric Garcia (not that he’s great or anything, but he appeared more or less out of nowhere and did a job, now he’ll be off to Barca) like at City, but currently I don’t think any of them are ready for the step up.

I know it’s difficult to keep everyone happy, but maybe Virgil’s injury will push us more towards signing a proper option. An option that might even threaten the position of the other two. It’s also why I was skeptical about giving Matip a 5-year deal in the first place. He’ll be a month short of his 34th birthday when his contract with us expires. Thank f*ck he doesn’t play international football, no way we’d be giving him a deal like that, even now you can argue.

So overall, I don’t think Fabinho was or is planned to become a CB.

We’re probably going now from thinking “4th choice can be Fabinho/a kid/an experienced cheap backup”… to “let’s see if we can actually bring someone a more serious than that”.

5 Likes

As mere mortals coming from planet earth… we have a long way to go to catch up to the thought process of Jurgen. Coming from planet Kloppo as he does… and as master of the LFC landscape he is miles ahead of us in what will be important factors for decision making in signing an alternate CB before VIRGIL is back fit and playing again…!
In the scope of the overall bigger picture he conjures up… Maybe signing anyone because of the circumstances that have brought this scenario about… will undermine the message he needs to get across to his players this season in retaining the premier league title… for eg. “go out there and give it your all. Oh, by the way if you get a serious injury we will rush out and buy a replacement so don’t worry about your future with us”… well maybe not as ruthless as that… but whilst he doesn’t get involved in mind-games with the media, he is too wise with his own players to unravel the hard work he has done motivating them to this elite stage to date… His decision will be taken based purely upon what is best for the team… to perform as a team.
Virgil’s injury and long recovery trail will be used to squeeze every emotion from this team in the secure knowledge… that we are one unit of well used, trusted parts, and we will remain as one unit… even if that means fitting square pegs into round holes for certain games here and there!
But hey ho… what do I know eh!
Probably be announced in tomorrows press that we have struck a deal for a CB :0)

1 Like
1 Like

A new CB joining isn’t a hard sell to the players already here as he would be the overdue Lovren replacement. Fabinho would still be covering for VvD. When VvD is back we look at the bodies. If Fabinho “needs” to return to midfield so be it. But the new guy might not work out yet and Matip may move on too. So let’s not make decisions before they are required.

The likes of Sepp and Rhys might not be so welcoming. There’s always a hope that one of the kids really does step up.

That said, I still advocate us buying another CB now to replace Lovren and challenge Matip for the 4th spot.

2 Likes

Not much of a challenge since he’s always injured

4 Likes

A bit off topic, but…

Who is this?

https://twitter.com/exLFCemployee03

At first I thought it might be this guy…

But if he was popular with the players, left the club on good terms and found a new job… why would he need to go on Twitter and reveal informations?

Weird, who knows who that is.

1 Like