The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Some rumours re-surfacing on Eder Militao for us on Loan in Jan. We were linked with him previously when he was with Porto. Anyone has any idea what kind of CB he is?

2 Likes

Heā€™s a bit special, I wanted us to sign him before he went to Real.

1 Like

Heā€™s been incredibly disappointing there though.

2 Likes

Ah that is a shame, not seen Real this year, did he play when they got beat by Shaktar?

1 Like

Sounds like precisely the type of target weā€™d pursue.

6 Likes

No. Can barely get a sniff despite Ramos being out and Varane looking like a shit Maguire. But I guess that is why heā€™d be available on loan. Still, Id be stunned if there was anything in it.

2 Likes

You mean thereā€™s a good Maguire? :flushed:

With regards to Militao, if Klopp and co believe that he has the attributes that they can work with and improve, I donā€™t think that his lack of playing time will be held against him.

I donā€™t think we would loan the player, improve him, then let Madrid have him back, however; if we get him, itā€™ll either be a permanent deal or on a loan with the option to buy.

7 Likes

Fair enough, I can imagine itā€™s a bit of sink or swim type environment but the worry would be that if heā€™s coming in for a loan weā€™d expect him to contribute straight away, doesnā€™t seem to to match our needs.

Saying that when has short term need ever taken priority for Klopp and Edwards, not a lot really.

Iā€™d expect any type of business to be a Klavan type maybe.

2 Likes

Like Salah at Chelsea? :smirk:

5 Likes

We didnā€™t sign Salah from Chelsea though, he had been excellent in Italy for multiple years before we signed him.

4 Likes

Even Salah in Italy was a shadow of the Salah at Liverpool. I doubt anyone had any idea how well heā€™d explode here, I certainly didnā€™t.

5 Likes

Yes, he has been significantly better than advertised.

2 Likes

Bissouma has been unreliably linked by a journalist that follows Brighton. Sneakily good player, I think itā€™s plausible heā€™s seen as someone who can lessen the blow of Gini leaving.

Other options might include Laimer, Zakaria, Mwepuā€¦Alaba? I think thereā€™s a good chance weā€™ll see a player of that ilk signed when Gini goes.

7 Likes

I think Bissouma gifted Liverpool the winner at Anfield two seasons ago (seriously, Brighton tend to come unstuck against some sides but Liverpool usually play out the most difficult of matches against them for some reason) but his progress since is pretty notable. Iā€™d definitely keep an eye on him, he was Brightonā€™s best player last week, in my opinion.

That said, could Wijnaldumā€™s replacement be none other than Keita? I was thinking, Klopp has the numbers in midfield but half of them are extremely prone to injuries, so there are minutes for everyone involved and club wonā€™t be getting anywhere near the money they paid for Keita (I doubt anyone would give 25 millions for him, let alone 55, COVID or no COVID). His playing style evolution has followed a similar trajectory to Wijnaldumā€™s - he was more of an attack-minded player, he scored and assisted regularly but when he plays these days, heā€™s more of a recycler and presser whoā€™s improving in possession.

I imagine that Kloppā€™s first choice midfield next season, in the impossible case of everyone being fit, would be Alcantara-Henderson-Keita, with Fabinho dividing time between CB and DM, Milner being the utility man, Jones being the upcoming star and Oxlade-Chamberlain doing his best to oust Keita.

After Wijnaldum, I actually imagine AOC being the closest to exit door, with homegrown quota (and Kloppā€™s unwavering belief in his players) being the only thing thatā€™s keeping him in the team. He looked the next world beater at one point but the injury against Roma probably put paid to his top level career, so Iā€™ve changed my opinion on his playing qualities and Iā€™d actually be looking at his replacement, whoever that might be.

7 Likes

Keita who is perma injured vā€™s Gini who is perma availableā€¦

No chance. Keita is a luxury who could come good but to have him relied on is terrible planning.

ILLOK raises a good point about Alaba, both contracts expire at a similar timeā€¦ Heā€™d be immense in our midfield.

4 Likes

Precisely why I think that itā€™s AOC who will be replaced. His replacement will have a lot of minutes because of how much time Keita and Alcantara spend on the sidelines, while Henderson and Fabinho have also had their fair share of injuries.

Iā€™ve already said that Iā€™d love Alaba but I think heā€™ll end up at some of the richest clubs in the world. Chelsea have been linked recently but I wouldnā€™t put it past PSG either. Heā€™d be quality for Liverpool, though, precisely what this central midfield needs but I guess that Klopp would then have three 30-year olds as his first-choice trio, all of them on top wages.

5 Likes

Bissouma? Must admit that I didnā€™t see that one coming, although yeah, at this stage itā€™s probably not reliable enough. My dad is also Yves, named after Yves Montand so thatā€™s a nice bit!

I think initially, he didnā€™t prove to be worth the money Brighton paid for him. If I remember well, he was their joint record signing along with Locadia (who flopped after showing early promise at PSV in the past).

I remember Hughton playing him more as the 8 with more freedom to go forward or even as a single 10. But that side, although well organized, was a bit limited, so it was maybe more difficult for some individuals to express themselves.

Potterā€™s pulled him back deeper. Now that itā€™s mentioned, Iā€™ll keep an eye and look at a few stats to see if Iā€™m missing something.

5 Likes

Yves Bissouma seems to finally be getting the recognition for good form. I think he is excellent and will only get better.

Similarly, I quite like Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa at Fulham. Heā€™s much better than heā€™s been able to show for them so far.

3 Likes

Bissouma is a player Iā€™ve watched since heā€™s been at Brighton and he is a very good player. The major problem is his disciplinary record, heā€™s so eager to get in w tackle he often takes the player before the ball. This doesnā€™t mean he cannot improve as he doesnā€™t seem to lose his head itā€™s more about his timing.
However, he will only get better but make no mistake my Brighton mates think heā€™s the real deal and he definitely wonā€™t be cheap. As we saw with White they donā€™t need the money and we seem to need to sell before we buy at present.
I would really like to see him at Anfield but it might be a hard one to get over the line.

2 Likes

Glad to see theyā€™ll be joining Timo Werner in our line up.

7 Likes