The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Yeah apologies, it just sounded the point you were making was now a non point which I had made. . Ive not seen the form from Gomez since he broke his leg, which was his earlier long term layoff. I admit he showed initial promise, but not since for me. I find Joel more reliable and he can nick and create a goal at set pieces. Baseline is we need a new CB, although I can see Fabinho settling in well at RCB

2 Likes

Or, rephrased, when was the last time Matip did a Vivaldi and went out for all four seasons.

1 Like

I know itā€™s unreliable mate but you said you were ok with it,i just canā€™t get my head around that lol

I donā€™t know who keeps recycling these Kabak stories but the guy isnā€™t anywhere near good enough for LFC right now (maybe in 4+ years time).Rhys Williams is better than him,physically,mentally,technically and tactically

7 Likes

He is garbage, and Iā€™ve said that since day 1. The links to Liverpool have always been odd to me. Makes no sense to me on any level.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s at least one season whilst he has been here when he has had at least one injury in each of the four. These days we seem to be lucky if itā€™s a month that he hasnā€™t had a knock in.

They are both injury prone, but one right now has more quality than the other. To boot, this is Gomezā€™s third major injury lay off, and he is only 23, next one and it could be all over. Now lets dispute Gini v LFC blame game :sweat_smile:

Schalke? Who are likely to be relegated? Weird. I know Divock isnā€™t good enough for our level and that he wasnā€™t great for Wolfsburg who almost got relegated that year when he was on loan thereā€¦ but still.

1 Like

Agree to disagree on ability. Both top class centre backs but Gomez is world class at everything but aerial balls and is still young enough to improve if injuries donā€™t end his career early. Heā€™s had 3 big major injuries and been fine the rest of the time putting together exceptional runs of games. Matip is death by a thousand paper cuts. Heā€™s perfectly suited to how Klopp sets up his CBs (giving him an advantage) allowing him to shine and show world class performances. Unfortunately he canā€™t string a series of games together. Youā€™ll never get a well oiled machine operating at peak efficiency if the parts keep getting changed. The fact heā€™s missed as much football as a lad with 3 serious injuries yet heā€™s been lucky to have not picked up anything major seriously concerns me. Heā€™s at his peak now heā€™s not getting better and judging by how long heā€™s out with tweaks etc a major injury almost certainly would end his career now.

2 Likes

Matip does pick up niggles regularly. But its like a fine tuned race car vs a prototype that never gets going. And Gomez has a stupid beard, its not stupid per se, but its a narrow jaw style and on him he looks like the Lancashire gurning champ

1 Like

Just cruel, if true
On the other hand - heā€™d immediately be their best player :wink:

Trouble is, neither of them can currently take the first step of the Dimrill Stair having been cast into the injury abyss.

2 Likes

He doesnā€™t just pick them up, heā€™s diametrically magnetically charged to them. He actively attracts the pesky blighters.

Hyperbole. BTW did you enjoy the conjunction, could see it last night but not tonight?

Gomez is not world class at everything other than ā€˜aerial ballsā€™, thatā€™s some serious hyperbole. His attempts at playing offside traps in recent months have been horrific for example.

Matip is pretty much excellent at everything. As well as being better in the air heā€™s also tougher to get past on the ground too.

How does Matip have an advantage over Gomez because of Kloppā€™s setup? I donā€™t get that at all. Matip is just a better defender. He doesnā€™t need to get any better, his current level is extremely high.

Why anyone is so keen to get rid of Matip is beyond me, even with his injury history. This is the period Iā€™ve watched the most football in and a lot of supposedly top centre backs or prospects I see people talking about are very limited compared to Matip. We shouldnā€™t be looking to get rid of a top player so readily.

End of 18/19. He started 14/17 league games after his return in January until the end of the season as well as putting in big performances against Bayern, Barca and Spurs in the Champions League.

Quite an important contribution Iā€™d say.

7 Likes

Cloudier than my dadā€™s homebrew here all week :frowning:

1 Like

Here too in South Yorkshire, but there was just a glimpse of sky yesterday. Enjoyed it, a little bit surreal, but with the naked eye, the fun is over soon.

Erling Haaland ā€œreadyā€ to leave Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich legend Lothar Matthaus thinks Erling Haaland could already be ā€œreadyā€ to leave Borussia Dortmund.
Haaland only arrived at Dortmund in January, but he has scored 33 goals in 32 appearances for the club.
And Matthaus, speaking to Bundesliga website, says the Norwegian could soon move on.

1 Like

Our Scout experts on the TAN, is this footballer a bargain we should go for?

7 Likes

Two pals, Gini and Memphisā€¦ where will they go. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Munich. (plus characters) which is an irony.

1 Like