The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Dear God woman why would you restart the Depay conversation?

5 Likes

No, I want Gini to stay at LFC @Zoran

@anfieldframer, oh didn’t know there was a big conversation about Memphis on here, sorry.

7 Likes

Some people just want to see the world burn.

Not Sure conversation covers previous debates haha.

3 Likes

When you accused people of being racist for not wanting a player then naturally this happens :grimacing:

1 Like

There’s always a Depay Debate here. It’s kinda like an itch, just one casual scratch and it starts to drive you crazy.

I didn’t. I specifically pointed out how the poster involved was clearly not. I said we had to be careful due to a certain look/culture being portrayed in extremely negative ways in a very racist way for decades in the media yet it’s only those media portrayals that we have to go on.

Memphis definitely a lightning rod for debate, and I don’t want to reignite all of that. I love him as a player even with all the “extra” that comes with him. €5M is an absolute steal. All that said, we just aren’t a great fit for Memphis at this time. He’s going to want top minutes wherever he goes and we won’t be able to give him that assurance.

I have posted in recent weeks I believe/feel Memphis and Gini are going to the same club. Anything is possible and I coukd be way off, but they are extremely close and it just feels (to me, anyway) they’re going to the same place to play together for a few years.

7 Likes

With Jota in, I doubt we’ll go for Depay. If Salah goes, I think we’ll look at something different. Barca was an option for both, but Barca are a club that will likely have a whole bunch of new people in charge by next summer.

2 Likes

Depay isn’t Liverpool material. Same with Dele Alli I saw suggested in another thread. We don’t need characters like that anymore just because they have some talent.

6 Likes

Neukolin, I only posted it, because he was going for 5 million Euros and that is a bargain buy and we are abit on the thin side.

5 Likes

Agreed! I’m with you.

2 Likes

No, he does not show up in big games and his ego is bigger than the whole Kardashian family together.

Stay away as far as possible.

5 Likes

Oh alright then Dutch, I trust your judgement :blush:

He looks familiar though as a EPL, did he play in England?

1 Like

Well he sat on the bench for United. One of van Gaal master buys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

We did want him before we went for Bobby instead. Jorginho before Fabinho. Brandt before Salah. Draxler rejected us when Coutinho left I think. Of course, it’s impossible to know how much we really wanted player x in comparison with player y. Some of those might have worked much better at Liverpool under Klopp than elsewhere. I think Depay as a player, what he’s been doing in last years, he’s got quality which he’s finally showing. PSV and Lyon is not the same as United and Liverpool of course. Off the pitch, I don’t know enough. Maybe he’s changed. But anyway, I don’t see we’re linked with him nor do I think we’ll go for him. Last summer he was probably more of an option, but now with Jota I think it’s different (even if Depay now plays more as a false 9, but he can still play inside left).

3 Likes

Yeah, we wanted him under Rodgers. But thankfully a twenty minute chat with Rodgers was enough to convince him to go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Jees how much to be a fly on the wall during that conversation. If what was said above about Depay’s ego meeting car sales man ego Rodgers that conversation would have been top entertainment.

3 Likes

Neither of them left with a warranty or mudflaps.

3 Likes

I wonder if either was promised a valet?

2 Likes

Rodgers had had one just that morning, a supapack.

1 Like