The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Depay at that price is an opportunity too good to miss. This would assume Origi would be moved on. Then we’d have 5 strikers for 3 spots, as now, but an upgrade on Origi. Keeps em all tip top and hungry.

2 Likes

But did either go for the undercoating??

4 Likes

Rodgers was deemed to be sufficiently coated already.

4 Likes

Being linked with Botman young Dutch center back.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I won’t train you on how to buy a new car, I will educate you, and all my awesome knowledge is in one of these 3 envelopes, you won’t be disappointed at the end of the season.

4 Likes

Where is Sanches playing in this side? And when?! Don’t see it. Even a little.

EDIT: some of the comments in that Twitter thread are gold!

And it’s taking everything I have to stay out of the Memphis “debate”. I just see a lot of things posted that simply aren’t accurate. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Props to @AnfieldRdDreamer he mentioned Botman last week.

5 Likes

Sanches burst onto the scene brightly as a youngster, got a big move, but didn’t really live up to it. At that point he either fades a little, or goes down a level, OR the attributes are there, just a matter of timing and opportunity aligning, perhaps with a little more maturity.

So in a way it could be a very canny signing. The phrase is overused, but sort of a moneyball type of signing in finding value, and still at a good age with a good 5-7 peak years to come.

As for where he fits, it’s hard to say right now. If Gini leaves, a spot opens up. And if you go through all our midfielders there are minor question marks over one or two. Ox - will he ever be fit enough for long enough? Keita - good player, but hasn’t quite done what we thought. He still might, and he’s not exactly stinking the place out, but there’s a reasonable question mark there. Milner - old father time. Henderson/Thiago - excellent players, looking forward to seeing more of the latter as he gets fit, but they are in peak years now… you need a spread of ages to keep the machine going and reinventing itself as it moves.

So, with that sort of reasoning, Renato Sanches could be a very interesting acquisition. As for player attributes we have excellent analysis on all that.

5 Likes

Isn’t Lille the same club that sold us Origi :thinking:

If we are in for Botman too, would that be two players from Lille? Might be too much of a hole for them to sustain, but if they have financial issues, and/or we can maybe help them with a loan or two, you never know.

1 Like

Is the Botman rumor connected to January window???

Lille are currently topping the table and although they might not end up being the Champion, they have a fair shot at securing CL for next season. Why would they jeopardize that by selling a key player?

4 Likes

The dogshit UK tabloid are reporting we have signed Sanches for £18m; obvs Im not posting a link.

Yet, other sites are saying its, erm, dogshit, and we arent signing anyone until Gini has confirmed his position. Makes sense actually, we cant budget until Wijnaldum makes his fricking mind up.

2 Likes

They are in financial difficulties so might not have any option.

The club reportedly still owes 123 million euros ($150 million) of the 225 million euros ($276 million) borrowed from creditors JP Morgan and Elliott Management, carries loans taken out on its training ground, and must settle historical debts from its previous ownership.

So it will all come down to whether the club’s creditors are prepared to give its new owner (Luxembourg-based investment fund Merlyn) time to refinance/reschedule its debts.

6 Likes

Yeah, all French clubs (bar off-course PSG) are in deep shit since the TV deal has collapsed.

4 Likes

Botman needs to be signed, purely for the obvious song.

8 Likes

I do like how every window Depay is rumoured for us because it means we haven’t bought the soft cunt.

11 Likes

Looks a real player but he’s not coming on a free :joy:

4 Likes

I’m going to post this and then run for cover…

Liverpool have joined Manchester United and Manchester City in the race to sign Jack Grealish, 25, with Aston Villa braced for bids for their England midfielder. (Mirror)

7 Likes

Haha, from the actual article

Aston Villa are braced for January approaches from both Manchester United and Manchester City for England ace Jack Grealish.

However, champions Liverpool have distanced themselves from suggestions that they are monitoring Grealish’s future - amid claims Mo Salah is unhappy.

How does the BBC summariser get away with such crap?

7 Likes