The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

It’s not a moot point .

I mean, how many new projects at PSG does he want to be involved in?

Is this the third ‘cycle’?

1 Like

Realistically how much do you think PSG can get for Mbappe? Despite his talent I don’t see anyone paying much over £100m. I mean he’s young enough that waiting another year isn’t difficult to do and there will be no fee to pay to pay to PSG at all in 18 months time.

1 Like

I wonder whether Mbappe has not gone past his sell by date in terms of work ethic and attitude.
For he has been hanging round with that theatrical barfly disco diva Neymar for a while now.
Give Jota 18months and then compare some stats I reckon…

3 Likes

From the selling clubs point of view, there is a such thing about players being too highly valued.

The only way M’Bappe gets his move, whether that’s to Madrid, Barca or us, is to run down his contract and force a sale at a cut price.

Probably same with Salah, If he does want to get off. Nobody is paying £100m + for a footballer in this market.

6 Likes

To me that process starts this summer when he enters his final 12 months. I think Real Madrid planned that all along. Even before Covid I think their plan was a Hazard style price next summer but even they may not be able to do that next summer now.

2 Likes

Mbappe for Dele Alli swap.

1 Like

Nah; Mbappé is off to Selhurst Park. PSG want Zaha, apparently; there’s only one way that deal happens.

2 Likes

Hopes…

Of course he hopes to have one of the world’s best players. But Mauricio’s hope cannot do much in this situation.

5 Likes

Case in point, he hoped to win the 2019 CL final. I think for this hope, he will lose out to Liverpool again🥳

3 Likes

I see a swap with Mo for Mbappe. The former 2 years left, the latter one, so the price will be close, and neither team shells out a huge transfer in this covid climate.

Mo is a reliable goal scorer and will tear it up in France. Mbappe will come here and tear it up in the Prem, with Jota, Mane and Bobby.

6 Likes

If we were serious about getting a central defender, surely we would do it on the first day of the transfer window in order to get him for as many games as possible?

7 Likes

That’s my fear too. They should be in, couple of days training and playing in the Cup to bed in.

3 Likes

A nothing story but the best there is :slight_smile:

Manager Jurgen Klopp does not know whether Liverpool can complete any transfers in January. (Liverpool Echo)

1 Like

I don’t think anything will happen. They’ve had two months to put a deal in place for January, like they did with VVD. Surely any new signing would’ve been completed as soon as the transfer window opened.

5 Likes

I’m not sure anything is seriously going to happen. Klopp isn’t really a fill the gap type of Manager.

3 Likes

I agree that you’d think that if we were signing someone for CB they’d come in early given how efficient we’ve become in the market. Although van Dijk was something that they’d been working on for a lot longer than a couple of months. They’d had that one sewn up well in advance of the January window (I think he was announced even before it opened?).

6 Likes

It’s hugely disappointing. Maybe we can win the PL with a makeshift defence, anything seems to be possible these days, but it’s not something I’d bet on. We have waited so long to be in a position of strength and now it feels as though it’s slipping through our fingers. I’m sure there’s some reasoning behind our inaction, but, considering what’s at stake, it’s hard to fathom.

7 Likes

Plain and simple: a lack of £££ allowing us to go for someone who would be a genuine reinforcement.

Klopp and co will most probably have to make do with what they have, and we can only hope that our young players will improve fast enough while the more experienced ones (ie. Matip) come back quickly.

3 Likes

Ok, but missing out on success in the PL/CL also costs money

11 Likes

The above should be copied and pasted every time someone starts bleating about a lack of signings.

Players who genuinely strengthen our squad are few and far between- in case people haven’t noticed, we’re rather good.

Therefore, anyone who is going to be an improvement will be expensive.

Coronavirus has severely impacted upon our finances.

Therefore, we can’t afford anyone who is a serious improvement on what we already have.

It really is that simple.

(Plus, we’re saving our pennies for Mbappé :wink: )

9 Likes