The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I made a post in the game thread that at one point Robbo had the ball on the left and he had 5 players inside him in a straight line. All essentially asking for the same ball. It took just 1 utd player to take 5 liverpool games out of the game. Our spacing has just been all wrong

4 Likes

I also noticed a time in the first half where Trent won the ball and ran down the right, got to about 15 yards in the Man Utd half, looked up and realised he had no passing options at all. Not a single player was ahead of him. Firmino was still in our own half. Diaz was on the left touchline which would have required a ridiculous crossfield passā€¦ so his only option was to try and take on mutliple players to buy time for support to arrive. Of course he got tackled which immediately led to ā€œfor fucks sake Trentā€ posts in the match thread.

I think some of the more hopeful balls he put into the box second half were a sign of the frustration he was feeling with never having a good progressive passing option.

9 Likes

Until he broke his legā€¦

I do think something will happen now, Kloppā€™s comments are becoming more contradictory but evidently we are making moves.

The fact when Matip was injured our list of defenders went from one to four. I do think the Marseille move was genuine.

Itā€™s got to dawn on Liverpool there is no point in giving Keita a new contract in which you might get more stuck with him than be able to offload he for a price.

Whoever does come in though wonā€™t be a quick fix even if it was numero one in Bellingham.

2 Likes
1 Like

If Brighton wonā€™t sell Caceido, or at least, we would have to make them an offer they canā€™t refuse - at which point it would be too much for unproven talent, Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s better value in the Bundesliga?

KonƩ at Borussia Monchengladbach. Good size, over 6ft. Fast, strong, aggressive in the press and tackle. French U-21. Ready for a step up.

Someone of that sort of profile would stop us getting overrun in the engine room.

I would bet 40M would do it.

1 Like

Never heard of him.
Is he the Ben Davies of midfield?

2 Likes

Canā€™t you see the picture? This guy exists. :grinning:

1 Like

A midfielder 28 from Argentina international too, a few weeks back he was going to Juve donā€™t know what went wrong.

1 Like

PSG only wanted 20mā‚¬ a couple of weeks ago apparently

So we will win offer about 10m.

Wouldnā€™t surprise me if it is something like this that happens.

He looks a bit like Kabak :rofl:

1 Like

Paredes is a blast from the past. I remember us being linked to him years ago.

1 Like

Oh itā€™s him, he was cute back then :rofl:

If we did go for him, surely he would have been scouted by us prior to his move to Brighton.
We wouldnā€™t be buying him off the back of a few appearances in the Prem.

1 Like

Yes, it feels too rushed for Caicedo. Not much data to go on, and if we did go for him it would be outside our usual careful approach. I think itā€™s a long shot for him. And Brighton will likely know what theyā€™ve got on their hands so wonā€™t sell, unless we offer such a sum that moves their hand.

The bits Iā€™ve seen show that he is fast, covers a lot of ground, is good in the press and can tackle. His rise has been rapid and the ceiling seems high, so Iā€™m drawn to this one. But itā€™s unlikely.

Perhaps Kone from Monchengladbach is more likely? French U-21, lots of similar traits, big unit too at over 6ft. ā‚¬40M would be more likely to get their attention than Brightonā€™s, too.

Iā€™d say the premiership factor is pretty big, especially the language. I think the chance of us signing a player from outside of the premiership low to zeroā€¦ Theyā€™d need time to adjust and within that window Jones and Thiago would be back.

Anyone think its crazy money for the Brighton kid? Only played 8 games in the Premier League last season and a couple this one for 50m.

Has there been any actual link to him?

1 Like

Over the last five years, heā€™s the most accurate passer in Europe, and amongst the best for progressive passes.

Heā€™s a lovely player to watch, but it would be a strange signing in our current situation. He canā€™t run so much, and, more importantly, heā€™s a poor injury record.

Doubt it.