The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Depends what you call a link :thinking: it was in the mirror yesterday. :grin:

Did it carry a name or was it a rumour from a rumour from a rumour from Indykalia

No thanks, weā€™ve already got a few of those.

Itā€™s crazy money for everyone this summer. Transfer fees are fucking nuts. I totally understand why we are taking the position we are. Imagine spending Ā£40m+ on someone who has played so few games. Yes itā€™s annoying but I admire our stance for not doing what Chelsea did with Cucurella and what they are doing with Gordon and Fofana.

Rather hand Ox a new contract tbh

Offsideā€¦is there anyone they didnā€™t have us linked to.

Do their rumours come with tolerance or not?

1 Like

Sangare playing now. Were linked with him a bit ago, I believe.

As physioā€™s practice?

I suppose this was coming, but thereā€™s probably more chance of him joining us and not Man U.
(BBC Gossip page)

Liverpool have made an offer to Barcelona for 25-year-old Dutch midfielder Frenkie de Jong. (Futbol Total, via Forbes)

1 Like

It would be the wages that prevents this.

1 Like

Yes, I donā€™t see this happening due to the wages.

2 Likes

I wondered when that link would happen. Probably less reliable than the Paredes one.

1 Like

Not 100% sure he is what we need, but still an excellent player.

The lolā€™s that would follow Mancs chasing him all summer only for us to sign him late in the window alone, would be worth us signing him

5 Likes

There seems such a variance on his reported wages. Seen Ā£479kpw, Ā£604kpw, Ā£292kpw and it goes on.

The Independent did a piece on his situation a few weeks ago - Frenkie de Jong deferred wages explained: Why Barcelona stand-off is part of growing trend | The Independent

I assume that Ā£17m deferral is what he wants paid before anything happens. Heā€™s basically got 4 years to run with 88.6m Euro (425kpw Euros, or Ā£358kpw).

If Frenkie wants to play CL footy, this is a pretty damn good place to come and play - heā€™ll be aware of the gaps we have in midfield. Donā€™t really see it happening, but never say never. Iā€™d be delighted if we pulled this one off.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever told him that thatā€™s not how you spell ā€˜Frankieā€™?! :roll_eyes:

Sounds too familiarā€¦

The SSN Transfer Expert is shoddy as fuck here - Lyall doesnā€™t answer the fucking question at all. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

Unless there is something thatā€™s already been covered by Twitter or other journalists, all SSN Transfer Desk (sounds like they should be working at an airport) does is blather on to fill air time and provides nothing definitive or substantial.

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like