The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I don’t Lyall knows anything really, even Klopp has suggested we are more likely than that.

On this Frenkie rumour, it’s a very odd one, comes from a terrible source but is more detailed than the usual shit.

1 Like

The Guardian makes the most compelling argument to overpay for De Jong: it would free up money for Barcelona to buy Bernardo Silva. :laughing:

7 Likes

Makes no sense why we’d sign FDJ now for 60m when our target is clear for next summer…and this would prevent doing that.

If it is doable, along with having the money for Bellingham next summer, then I’d be all for it.

De Jong would give some stability for our young crop and old crop, before a few age out or have their contract expire next summer. I would be very happy if at the end of next summer the midfield group is:

De Jong, Bellingham, Fabinho, Henderson, Elliott, Jones (and maybe Thiago, although I have a feeling he will spend his last years in an easier league than the Prem).

We need top 4 to attract players like Jude, so FDJ would be very welcome.

The problem with that is, we don’t know who our target is, the club or Klopp gives nothing away who are targets are, that Bellingham story is just speculation.

2 Likes

PS - in the sense that we have had a tendency to look for jam tomorrow at times, I would welcome FDJ today.

The midfield needs help. Numbers are fine, but too many sick notes. It needs someone dependable, with good quality. He ticks a lot of boxes, so long as he isn’t expecting to be in the same ballpark as Salah on wages.

Any player can get crocked with one bad tackle, no matter how reliable his previous history.

And, given that referees allow our opponents to hack at will, our signings’ previous injury records don’t really mean much.

4 Likes

De Jong now makes more sense than Bellingham next year.
And we really have no idea if either are viable rumours.
There is a group think that Bellingham is the answer, when he could be a Madrid player next summer.

3 Likes

Jesus is this actually nailed on?

2 Likes

Certainly not. He’ll go to whoever can offer him a decent :wink: salary.

You know that’s actually quite funny. Thorny subject though.

1 Like

Not sure if it was a mistake or put in the wrong context by Winter but he’s usually very reliable…

Its starting to make me cross.

1 Like

I was trying to find where he’s actually said or written this?

1 Like

We’re obviously trying hard to get Bellingham, so it is easy to imagine we have some agreement in place for next summer. Whether it is true or not I haven’t a clue.

If all the goodwill we must have earned with Dortmund is to amount to anything, a deal for Bellingham must be it.

Likewise, if we are squeezing everything out of our elder statesmen and bringing in much younger players to develop it is presumably to go big on a player like him.

Not picking on you specifically, but in general, where is this certainty coming from?

For one, there’s no guarantee where we will finish this season. Is he definitely coming even if we miss out on Champions League?

3 Likes

I haven’t a clue if he is coming or not. There is definitely more noise around Bellingham from those linked with the club than there has been with any other player that I can think of since Klopp joined so I am willing to believe that we have strong interest in making a deal happen.

I would think if he wasn’t at the top of our midfield list, we would have seen another player come in already.

1 Like

The amount of bedwetting on this site is ridiculous.

A sluggish start to the season does not mean we have become Everton overnight.

3 Likes