The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Don’t do it to yourselves :joy:

Yes this was not in the ‘open’ presser.

I was firmly in your corner on this one. I had long been in the “Naby will come good” camp, but it just isn’t going to work out for him at Liverpool. It is clear from watching our first 3 matches that we need to bring somebody in.

2 Likes

Say we are already in talks. I’m sure the club is always looking for players and identifying the next signings. Coming out with a comment like that is confidence a player will be signed. I can foresee a Jota or Fabinho type signing with very little coverage and a twitter journalists looking a little red in the face. Wont be a Kabak or Davies signing though imo

Now it will be interesting to see if Naby is sold or rots in the bench for the rest of the season.

A meme on twitter who usually takes the piss but has a decent track record so far with Jurgens new deal and Edwards resigning, announcing it before any other ‘reliable journalist’.

Laimer would actually tick a few boxes and wouldn’t break the bank

And follows the trend of us signing a Red Bull player every two seasons. I think the coincidence is that anyways lol

1 Like

It is unusual for Klopp to be so open about looking to bring in a player for a particular position. I would think he wouldn’t do that if it wasn’t already fairly progressed.

I do wonder who though and what type of midfielder we’d be looking for (other than Bellingham, obviously). It occurs to me that he may want someone who can play the 6 who has a good passing range as that’s what we’re missing a lot with Thiago being out. My thoughts turned immediately to Neves. Wolves have just signed Nunes, Neves has 2 years left on his deal (that horrible period for an owning club), we’ve got a fairly good relationship with Wolverhampton already…he’s Premier League experienced, a good age (25), and wouldn’t impinge (position-wise at least) upon us going for Bellingham next summer.

But he’s not particularly creative and maybe that’s what we really need in there?

7 Likes

Just don’t get the De Jong links. Good player obviously but unless we have had a chat with his agent and he’s willing to basically half his wages he ain’t coming here.

1 Like

Half of which wages? The ones he’s due or the ones he’s been paid? At least he can be certain that the wages we agree we’ll actually pay. That might mean more to him than £400,000 per week where half of it is in leprechaun gold.

4 Likes

I half wouldn’t be surprised if in the end of window rush we end up buying two midfielders. A silky operator who is at a prime age and will end up playing more often than not, like FDJ. And a younger player, who has pace and can get stuck in, and also has lots of room to grow - Caicedo or Kone, maybe?

If we get two we might let Naby go to Dortmund?

Then again maybe it will just be one player incoming, Laimer perhaps?

So many possible permutations, but by the end of next summer you would have to think Milner ages out, Ox and Naby are done, and Thiago might even move on as my suspicion is he will want an easier League for his last few years.

With so much potential churn, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if our late window exertion yields two incoming midfielders.

3 Likes

Why would we do that to Dortmund when we have a good relationship with them?
Sell him to United or Everton if City won`t buy him.

Or none :wink:

4 Likes

Bet there will be huge speculation about signing someone but the move will fail on deadline day.

Celtic midfielder Matt O’Riley is attracting plenty of attention from some of Europe’s biggest clubs, including Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United, according to ESPN sources.

O’Riley moved to Celtic from MK Dons in January for £1.5m, and his form and statistics have caught the eye of teams all around Europe, with sources saying there could yet be a late move for him in this transfer window. Celtic have no interest in losing the 21-year-old, sources said, but a bid in the region of £15m-£20m could be tempting in this window, although it is expected his contract value will increase this year if he continues his impressive run.

If a bid is forthcoming in this transfer window, then sources told ESPN that Newcastle United and Leicester City are the most likely who’ll be trying to tempt the English-born Denmark U21 midfielder to the Premier League. Scouts from Wolfsburg and Lille have also watched O’Riley play and have come away impressed. – Tom Hamilton

How do our signings from Celtic turn out?

1 Like

Can think of one who ‘did ok’!

3 Likes

Well that shouldn’t be to hard to improve upon.

Better than Kenneth? Easy peasy!