The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Well VVD did play for Celtic :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

True. Although after his last three gamesā€¦

1 Like

Thing is the news on Keita might be long term, alongside the Ox thatā€™s two and with issues on Hendo and Fabinho I think itā€™s probably the right decision.

I expect several deals are advanced.

Thank fuck sanity has prevailed. Has only taken up until the last week of the transfer window. Genuinely think weā€™ve missed the boat on a few players who could have done well here that have now moved elsewhere earlier in the window.

1 Like

Ranky balls madrid out bidded us , Think he had his heart set there .

2 Likes

The apology he might be looking for is a 35-match unbeaten run in the league during which the team accrues 98 pointsā€¦

2 Likes

I really dont see LFC stumping up the Ā£18m De Jong is owed by Barca plus the Ā£70m it takes to buy him then his wages.

But why should we stump up the Ā£18m Barca owe FDJ?

If we agree a fee with Barca, and with the player, what he is owed by Barca is up to Barca to pay

2 Likes

Would love to see FDJ here if no other reason than to annoy United so much. But apparently the key reason he didnā€™t go to United is his wife wonā€™t live up north. If thatā€™s true, end of story. Unfortunately.

1 Like

Konrad Laimer has one year left on his contract and a move to Bayern broke down because they were not ready to pay a fee which is between ā‚¬20-25m.

Youri Tielemans and Fabian Ruiz have one year left on their contracts.

Ruben Neves anyone?

Frenkie de Jong has to be mentioned.

And other CMs who could be available in the next few days?

Yeah i was gonna add she dont want to leave Spain and according to Graham Hunter shes the boss

1 Like

Could we be exploring a loan option for De Jong? Kind of win win no?

1 Like

Ruiz bossed it literally every time I watched him play - I honestly expected him to sign for one of the top Spanish clubs or Bayern. I donā€™t know what happened there as I didnā€™t watch Napoli lately, maybe consistency issues?

Laimer is a good shout, though Iā€™d see it as a defeat to sign another Leipzig midfielder to replace one who they fleeced us for and who canā€™t get off the treatment table.

De Jongā€¦ I think it would be bad news. Too financially complicated and demanding, and he doesnā€™t want to leave his dream club anyway, even though the dream is turning into a nightmare through not much fault of his own. I think that even a loan move would be too complicated.

2 Likes

Fabian Ruiz or FDG please. Both are usually players whom you would have to pay through the nose to get. However, a reasonable price should make them attainable due to the situation they are in.

Another one is Bennacer, but he should be quite expensive as AC Milan has no need to sell.

Panic buying then? Every club in Europe puts a higher price tag on their midfielders.

Or a deal is already agreed. Otherwise, it would be foolish for Klopp to talk so openly about the need of a new midfielder.

On the other hand, I admire his ability to publicly admit that he was wrong about not moving for a midfielder during the summer. Still, Iā€™ll be a bit disappointed if we panic-buy a random midfielder now. It has to be the right one, and it really has to be the right one. Otherwise, if that player isnā€™t available, play with the youngsters.

Bottom-line: NO panic buy, JĆ¼rgen please!

6 Likes

After JĆ¼rgen openly admitted being wrong about not thinking we needed a midfielder I took it as a deal is close to being agreed. He is always very measured and mature in what he says about almost anything, but especially when it comes to player acquisition.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t sound like it based on all the rumoured targets - Caicedo, De Jong etc. Both would be improvements to our midfield.

We have no players.

If the player we want costs a few extra quid then so be it.

Lets not buy a Kobak/Davies type player who we know arent good enough.

We need a world class midfielder

5 Likes

Mate, if we sign De Jong Iā€™ll lose my shitā€¦ Heā€™s better than Bellingham.

8 Likes