The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Well Jones is back today and Thiago was mentioned by Klopp that he wasn’t far away so it leaves only one CM name.

1 Like

I dont care that Jones, keita and thiago are back…theyll be broke again within a week.

3 Likes

Didn’t he spend his first year on loan with his original club? One of the Red Bulls as I remember?

2 Likes

Its happening, yes!!!

Linda sucking John dry again?

Sexy Look GIF

I like 'em plumpy.

The actual comment was Neil saying he felt there might be something. Nobody claimed any ITK stuff.

1 Like

But we never pay silly money and wages at the top of our structure on the same deal.

They are all risks. And, you could argue de Jong would be less of a risk than someone like Diaz or Nunez given his relative experience at two top clubs but the overall financial outlay for de Jong would likely dwarf that of either of those guys.

It doesn’t look like he wants to leave Barca anyway so all a bit of a moot point.

2 Likes

Posted this in the midfield thread, but thought it’s probably more appropriate here:

Don’t think it’s happening. Feels like it was a move to buy time from the external pressures.

Jones is back in training so assuming he will be at least on the bench for the barcodes.

Newcastle will be without St. Maximin, Trippier, Guimares, Wilson. So basically their best 4 players. So that also makes it easier for us. On paper.
(Edit: Trippier is apparently available now)

Yes we do need midfielders so Jürgen wasn’t “lying” but it can easily be interpreted as a mid to long term need as opposed to “this window”

I thought i saw news report yesterday of him off to London for talks with someone…?

1 Like

I thought it was explicitly stated that it wasn’t related to a transfer move. Seems fishy though, especially with the Chelsea links and them clearing Barkley off just yesterday to free up some more space in the squad.

1 Like

I reckon we may still do something. We aren’t flashy with names we don’t tell the world what we are doing.

As much as do like FDJ I doubt it was ever a possibility. All the other names linked would probably be though.

1 Like

Could bring Barkley in and give him 15 minutes Saturday to kick shit out of his old team, then send him packing.

1 Like

Would it be the worst idea to give a short contract to an established PL player, with a major point to prove?

It would be when he’s shite.

7 Likes

Say what you really feel!

Presenting…

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Popcorn GIF by Liverpool FC

If we picked Barkley up on a cheap deal, pay as you play sort of thing, or even for the rest of the season to essentially give him a while to show us what he’s got, I could sort of see the thinking.

At he best he has a great shot in him, passes quite well, and links it up. He could have some very productive football left in him and we could benefit if he came, eager to show that he still had a lot left to offer.

On the other hand, there were some rumours that he was in with the wrong crowd in Liverpool, and coming back to his home city might see him distracted by off pitch stuff.

I would be underwhelmed if we did it, but would be willing to extend the benefit of the doubt and see what’s what.

Would much rather give Bajcetic game time than play Barkley. Honestly the level of desperation some people get around transfers is embarrassing.

15 Likes