The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Bet some :v:t4:fans :v:t4: would take a draw tomorrow if it means we bring in someone on Thursday.

Fuck sake
I asked a question.

In fact, played a 17 year old kid whilst not considering an established player is more embarrassing.

Being forced to start Milner, a half-crocked Hendo (at Man U) and a bench with two keepers and kids will do that. As will losing to a poor Man U side

5 Likes

Don’t worry guys, before Thursday we are going to announce our 3 musketeers trio of signing, Barkley, Mata and Delph. Good times ahead.

1 Like

Using words like desperation and embarrassing is fighting talk!

Just talking about Barkley on the off chance it could happen. I don’t think anyone is burning a candle for him.

Agree that Bajcetic looks a good player.

2 Likes

Milner, a half-crocked Hendo, two keepers and some kids are all better midfield options than Ross Barkley.

11 Likes

Maybe so.
Its just a question though.

While @Sweeting was a bit…forthright…in his statement, I don’t think Barkley is what we’re looking for.
He’s never been a 6, and especially not the kind we are looking for. There’s more than a slight whiff of unfulfilled potential about him, possibly due to lack of necessary application. Don’t think we’d ever go for someone like that, not any more.

1 Like

Maybe it’s as simple as Tchouameni was our first choice and our second/third choices don’t want to come or aren’t available until next summer. You’ve then got players like Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez who we apparently really like but there is not enough data to pull the trigger so again we wait until next year.

Not sure I like that approach but do we wait a year and get someone we really want or get our 5th/6th choice who will most likely end up costing us a fair whack? Unfortunately we have to be almost perfect with our transfers as if they don’t work out we can’t just drop £50m on another player if the first one is a flop.

Excellent. No panic buying so far, and I very much hope that it will last until the window closes. :+1:

2 Likes

I’d be disappointed if Gareth Barry was (was not?) also in the list.

If we like the idea of him it would be good to lay the foundations for the summer.

If we don’t then I assume he was a panic option.

If Barkley signs for Liverpool then Klopp is lying. That bluenose is not the “right player” - far from it.

Get Bajcetic playing I say.

5 Likes

I wonder if Konrad Laimer was or has now become a target for next summer when his contract ends?

A better option than Ross B Thug
January signing IMO.

Potentially he’s one we have been targeting for a while. If we are supposed to have been planning a rebuild of the midfield for next season - by which I assume the reports mean bringing in two players to replace Milner and Oxlade-Chamberlain - then if we really want Laimer we would probably have been talking to him for a while about letting his contract run down and signing him on a pre-contract in January. Especially if we actually are getting Bellingham and he costs 70m+ then it would make sense to get someone else in for a cheaper outlay.

6 Likes

Was for van de beeks wedding. Flew with Depay

1 Like

I’ll admit to being one who’s desperate for a last minute ‘copter signing.

Lots can change I guess we are, I’m not particularly comfortable going into the season with this Midfield but thems the breaks.