The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Maybe
But, its just a question.

At no point did I say we “should”

these players get all summer off but book their weddings for a three weeks into the season :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

DvdB presumably assumed he’d be getting another 6 months off

4 Likes

I think he is the but the 25m ia a bit steep for FSG :grin::grin:

1 Like

Not super encouraging that Klopp’s comment on bringing in a midfielder today was, literally, “-ish” (kinda funny, too).

Still hoping maybe something will get pulled out of the bag at the last minute, but also know we won’t pay (much) over the odds. Think it might come down to someone like Neves or Laimer going to their respective clubs and pushing for an exit. Kone was my dark horse, but ‘gladbach are off to a pretty good start in the Bundesliga and probably hoping to finish in CL spots this year, they managed a (lucky, tbh) draw w/ Bayern at the weekend.

Secretly hoping for Neves, think his long range shooting would actually bring something a little different to the team especially when we’re trying to break down low blocks. And, he can’t be too happy at the way Wolves have started, and clearly would like to be spending his prime years playing in the CL again.

I don’t think Neves runs that much does he?

1 Like

No. That’s why I’m not sure about him. We need someone who can run like Forrest Gump

Keita and Ox barely run at all.

2 Likes

Yeah, that might be why we’ve not made a move for him in the past, ‘cause otherwise he’d seem to tick a lot of boxes.

I look at our current mix of MF, and while Fabinho, Hendo, and Thiago will all occasionally chip in with a worldie goal, none of them are the type that an opposition team will feel they need to shut down as soon as they get within 25 yards of goal. Neves has that kind of range and has consistently produced that kind of goal. Probably doesn’t run enough to be our belated Gini replacement or Hendo’s either, but 6’s don’t always have to run a ton, just have to be really smart positionally.

Laimer seems like the most Klopp-type player of those mentioned, but Fabrizio Romano already posted today that Red Bull doesn’t want to sell except for a silly price. Not sure what would qualify as “silly” for a player with 1 year left and who’s not currently regarded as a world-class player. Would think maybe 20-25 mill could do it.

Neves has been excellent over the last year or so to be fair to him. He can’t run like Laimer but he is a much better footballer and he’s switched on positionally.

He’s best in a midfield 2 but I guess he could play that sort of retreated left sided 8 position that Thiago plays or Henderson played against Bournemouth.

One thing that goes in his favour is his injury record, of which there is very little. Though I’m sure we could ‘fix’ that.

2 Likes

Don’t we still need two fairly mobile mids either side of Fab that can press the opposition, allowing Fab to intercept anyone who comes through?

Don’t Wolves want £100mil? I’d be worried about Neves and Fabinho, total lack of agility!

Breaking: Jay Spearing to be integrated into first team. Our new signing.

No Sander Berge rumors…£35m clause…in our hands to trigger it!

After looking at his injury history, I don’t think so.

Worse injury record than Keita. Already. At the age of 24.

Nope

4 Likes

The Sander Berge links to me seem like something that was floated to encourage more clicks from the “FSG Out” brigade. A Championship midfielder, previously linked with us, with a terrible injury record who struggled to adapt to the PL when he was there? It was red meat for the frothing at the mouth community.

6 Likes

That’s why I want to see him signed.

Many of the mouth frothers on twitter were begging for Jacob Ramsay the other day. It can’t only be me who sees what a terrible and pointless signing that sould be.

Ox did run, pretty sure I saw him do it once.

1 Like

Why? One has potential, another is washed up and on higher wages that we could spread around to other parts of the squad instead…

2 Likes