The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He’s too good a player to be sitting on the bench every week.

If an offer were to materialize, playing time would be the main attaction. Otherwise, I think he’s very settled and content at Liverpool.

3 Likes

Didn’t we pay around that to buy him? And he’s gone on to show he’s actually a very good player and some lazy rumour thinks we’d sell him for the same amount to Juve? Fuck off.

A bit like the Origi being wanted by Milan (although I understand we can’t do much about that in the summer) I hope we just tell Italian clubs to fuck off - they can’t afford to buy our players so they think we should just give them away. Of course when it comes time to sell their players they want the world.

3 Likes

Seems way too straight forward for an Italian club. More likely they’re offering to take him on loan, pay 20% of his wages, with a fee of £275k. After 50 appearances they’ll pay £1m. Then a second year long loan. Third. Fourth. Sign him on a free.

11 Likes

Fortunately, we are now a stable, rich, successful club. The players want to stay with us rather than downgrade somewhere else. Thank God for that.

Juve or others can offer what they want, it will be us selling a player on our own terms, and not being fleeced like during g+h’s time, and then fsg’s early times with us.

And if we don’t want to sell a player, then any club in the world can f°ck right off. It’s a good position to be in, isn’t it? :blush:

5 Likes

That Tchouameni lad, as he’s now unreliably linked with us? Any good? I don’t watch French football these days.

Here’s an article from Tomkins on the lad, so I suppose we’ll sign him then… :wink:

2 Likes

He’s highly rated - suspect our name being used to boost the transfer fees. Real and Bayern appear to be battling it out for him.

Inevitably, as Ten hag comes in, united get linked to everyone, and our name follows.

Give me Jadon over this lad though.

1 Like

Behind a paywall - is the outcome good or bad?

He looks very impressive so far, but I think you have to be skeptical of a kid that young who has done it in such limited circumstances. Many players have come before who looked as good as that in France only to not quite kick on as expected. Especially in that midfield controller role.

Given it is Fab he’s be competing with I find it difficult to make sense of the move for the various parties. The only way I could see it making sense is if we’re being ruthless as F and ready to phase out Fab, or we’re rethinking Fab being our 4th CB and allowing Gomez to move on.

1 Like

Yeah sorry, didn’t realise myself that it was behind a paywall.

Buy him I guess. Can never have Tchouameni central midfielders.

8 Likes

One Tchouameni links, though.

1 Like

We signed Fabinho from the same team!

He scores super high in pretty much all of the metrics for a defensively minded midfielder that I’ve seen.

Could Fab play the no.8 role? He’s a very good passer when called upon.

1 Like

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

4 Likes

Sancho? I can’t think of Tchouameni other Jadons

1 Like

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

It was worth coming on here today just for this.

2 Likes
1 Like

Bissouma and Laimer are the only others who I can think of with those qualities. Vitinha?

1 Like

Tonali?

Think both he and Tchouameni could play the #8 role as Klopp likes, as well as give Fabs a rest, while they grow into Fabs successor.

All 4 are excellent, not sure I want Bissouma based on the current court stuff.

2 Likes