The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

It’s likely to rule him out of a move to us.

Yeah, was just giving an example of the right style of player.

Don’t know much about him, don’t think he has the same level of energy/athleticism as the others? Tchouameni, Bissouma and Laimer are all physical beasts.

2 Likes

Tonali stands 1.82m, is a few days away from his 22nd birthday, and has had a breakout season for Milan. Good size, and pretty athletic kid, though not Tchouameni level, IMO. Not afraid of a challenge, but doubt Milan will sell, and don’t t think he’s keen on leaving.

I don’t think Tchouameni is stuck as only a #6 player/single pivot right now. From what I know, so far he’s best as the deepest in a double pivot or more of a #8. Strikes me as an active enough player not to just stay behind and keep his position. So I see it that he can do both and then his evolution will decide what’s the best role for him long term.

4 Likes

Calvin Ramsay wins Scottish Football Writers young player of the year.

He’s head and shoulder above anyone else at Aberdeen, hasn’t been playing lately and reading between the lines on comments from Calvin and Aberdeen manager Jim Goodwin a transfer has already been agreed

12 Likes

There was a liverpool fan from scotland who was on TAW raving about Robbo when we signed him, I wonder what he thinks of Calvin Ramsey.

3 Likes

He’s great going forward, isn’t afraid to shoot with either foot (scored his first Aberdeen goal with his left foot see from 1:30 to 2:03), can definitely cross a ball. Isn’t the best defensively but the whole Aberdeen back line has been atrocious this season in fact the worse in UK for clean sheets so wouldn’t read to much into it.

Bologna wanted him in January offered a loan then purchase for 3.5 million which Aberdeen turned down as they want more for him which is understandable

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UeznsfhtfAQ

4 Likes

Roy Hendo I think, one of their writers, very good writer in fact.

7 Likes

Yes, that’s the guy I was thinking of, thanks.

1 Like

WRT to Tchouameni… assuming for the moment there is substance to the reports (a fairly big assumption tbf), I wonder whether rather than Fab’s DM spot, we’d be looking at him to phase out and eventually replace Hendo, eg the more box-to-box role in our midfield, which is something he’s apparently quite adept at.

As much as I like Hendo, he’ll be 32 in a couple of months, so we have to be looking at his successor sooner rather than later.

I’m not sure what the sense would be in Madrid going for him, having only recently signed Camavinga, a pretty similar player.

5 Likes

Did they sign Everton’s ex-DOF?

I’d see Tchouameni as Hendo’s replacement: capable of playing as the holding midfielder in Fabinho’s absence (although we also have Morton as one to groom in that role) but used primarily as a more box-to-box central midfielder.

I’d still prefer Camavinga, though. :wink:

2 Likes

I appreciate the loyalty of talking about Morton in the same sentence as these targets, but it isn’t realistic at the moment. Hopefully he’ll come good, but he’s nowhere near that level yet.

1 Like

Silly nonsense I know but he posted a video of himself watching our game tonight whilst getting a trim.

He must look at that and fancy a bit of us. Fab doing the dirty work, Thiago playing puppet master, world class options everywhere up top. He’d have a lovely old time rampaging round with these boys to European Cup finals.

2 Likes

Who did?

Couldn’t say. Tchouaméni options for who it could be…

(Sorry. Sorry. Sorry!)

1 Like

David Carmo being linked by the Portuguese press. He was linked around that time we ended up getting Kabak and the other fella but got an ACL injury.

From what I rememeber he’s a unit, 6’6, quick and a good range of passing.

Klopp trying to turn us into a team of monsters.

2 Likes

Tchouameni.

2 Likes

Bit of a freak being that quick at that height. We have been linked to a few CBs over the last couple of weeks so maybe Gomez has asked to leave in the summer :cry:

Would be such a shame, but he’s 25 next month and needs regular football. He’s currently our 4th choice CB and Konate is only going to get better

2 Likes