The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’d literally never heard of him when he signed and after the first game I saw him it reinforced my perception that these big internet pile ons about which star player we have to sign are terrible at identifying the right players.

4 Likes

It’s entirely speculation, but if we’ve taken money from this summer for an early move for Diaz and are holding some money for next summer for Bellingham, then it might be that FSG have said (plucking a number from nowhere) £30m is available right now for a midfielder.

While that means we could pick up potentially a player like Tielemans or Aouar, it also means if Klopp has no interest in them then we won’t buy them.

To some this will count as FSG not backing Klopp, to some it will mean Klopp being too stubborn in his choice and should just buy anybody.

For me personally, I understand that ‘backing Klopp’ doesn’t mean that funds are limitless and that buying the right player means exactly that. They have to fit in how we’re playing this season and how we’re looking to play in the future, and if that player isn’t available in our budget then that’s okay with me, despite thinking we needed to buy someone since Ox got injured.

2 Likes

In the Unreliable Rumours thread?

The Wire Reaction GIF

1 Like

Even in this thread you have to include that, or someone will decide I’m stating it as the gospel truth when I actually know zero about the situation.

game of thrones GIF

1 Like

Someone threw Barkley in if we are talking about guys like that then anyone is worth it.

It’s unreliable after all.

4 Likes

Here’s one, just for fun

quickly runs away

And I got shot down for a jokey mention of Ward-Prowse.

End of the day no one really knows half the players we could sign. If we get someone I’ll see how he does before moaning. My major issue with Berge would be injuries the rest who knows bar Rodriguez he’s just a joke.

3 Likes

Ross Barkley and James Rodriguez, why not chuck in Delle Ali as well? What an attacking trio for a 4-2-3-1 in 2014ish. How careers crumble.

3 Likes

At this point, my obsession with Benni McCarthy seems like it wouldnt be too ridiculous to resurface

1 Like

Are you not entertained?

2 Likes

Maybe not…?

Still a better shout than Barkley

2 Likes

Is David Villa available? Mario Goetze?

1 Like

Answers in an envelope! :wink:

Cherno Samba, come on down!

1 Like

Ritchie Partridge anyone?

1 Like

I read that Aouar is available for £12m. For a player who we’ve previously been interested in, that puts him in Shaqiri ‘why the fuck not’ territory.

6 Likes

Apparently a free agent now…

:grinning:

1 Like

Is Simao available also???

1 Like