The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Doesn’t seem to be doing a great job judging by their results

3 Likes

That’s not the problem. The problem is that injury prone midfielders

I think Thiago was said to be back in training soon, and someone posted on here that it was a two week estimation for Henderson. Jones is back in training, leaving pretty much only Keïta (unknown) and Oxlade-Chamberlain (October/November was it?) injured, unless I’m forgetting someone.

2 Likes

Luiz shouldn’t be playing at the base of the midfield in the first place. He’s a natural box to box midfielder, not a holding player. Kamara and Luiz should be playing in the same midfield. Luiz played exactly the role I’m talking about at Anfield last season and was excellent that day.

I don’t think Luiz’ skillset is all too dissimilar from Wijnaldum actually. Good comparison.

1 Like

Henderson hasn’t started the season well (tbf nor have VVD, Trent (probably the worst), Robbo). It’s affecting how the rest of the midfield play. Looking to me like a steady decline of his physical abilities

Arthur eh?? I wanted him before he went to Barca!!

Now I check his injuries…

1 Like

Romano just tweeted that we have a deal in place for Arthur Melo.

1 Like

Twitter saying it’s a loan deal?

Don’t know much about the player, but I trust the club to have done their homework.

Who??

1 Like

Anyone seen the requisite 10 full games?

1 Like

Even WhoScored.com doesn’t know who he is… :rofl:

He used to be very, very good - but that was two years ago! It’s been a while since I watched him play… And it’s time for us to get one over Juventus.

3 Likes

I don’t watch much if Juventus. Cost Juventus £70m just two years ago. Nothing has gone right for them in that time period though, and the fact they’re willing to loan him out suggests he’s not been a solution.

1 Like

oh no cooking GIF by Fox TV

1 Like

So is decline from being very, very good due to him becoming shit or because you stopped watching him?

Hopefully the latter but I’m really not sure on that… Juventus are far from an exemplary side they used to be and that whole thing with Arthur-Pjanić swap was a bit shady. It’s a loan move anyway, so it’s not like we’re taking a huge risk. Enough Portuguese- and Spanish-speaking players here to make him feel at home, hopefully Klopp gets him back to his best, so Juventus can fleece us next summer!

2 Likes

Was he the second part of that double transfer that Juve and Barca did to skirt round FFP ?

Edit- just saw @Nikola confirmed it was…

2 Likes

Yeah I was going from transfermarkt but you’re right he was. Very odd deal that definitely looked super suspicious. Just reading about his form in Italy and seems like he’s not had a fun time over there, but to be fair the Italian league is not a fun league to play in.

Don’t know much else about him but we needed a midfielder for depth and I expect that’s pretty much all he will be.

1 Like

Not going to expect a lot from him, but it’s probably better than having Adrian and Harvey Davies on the bench.

7 Likes

Arthur Melo… didn’t he write Death of a Salesman?

2 Likes