The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

They are taking their bloody time with this … :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

These are the transfers which would never happen even if we were interested Chelsea would never sell him to a close rival.

Especially after we fucked then over with Torres and Sturridge :rofl:

There is no comparison between 20/21 centre backs and now. Then we went into the season with 3 CB lost 2 season ending injuries and one who struggled through half a season. This year we have 8 midfielders none are out more than a couple of months they may all come back fit and not miss another game.

3 Likes

At least we already have a ready made nickname: “Ish”

1 Like

Yes, you are of course correct.

But the problem is that it’s still too close to the bone and it’s causing us to drop points right now. So a bit of reinforcement is necessary. And even when the team is all fit, Hendo and Millie just can’t perform to the levels they were able to…they are in permanent decline.

And I think the writing is on the wall for Ox and Keita. They won’t be expected to make up the numbers any more.

How likely do you think that actually is? Hell, we don’t even know what injury Keita has let alone an ETA on his return and Henderson is still awaiting a scan on his.

And the issue is, whilst we wait for the perennially crocked ones to regain fitness, we’ve got to overplay the ones we have increasing their risk of injury. It’s not simply a case of player X is out for three weeks so he’ll be back then and everything will be fine when he is. We also seem to be using one of our midfielders as back up to our woefully out of sorts right back which is stretching that unit just that little bit thinner.

1 Like

Extended medical. We aren’t taking any chances…well actually we are because we signed our 15th choice midfielder on deadline day :wink:

1 Like

Jesus Christ Sky Sports are having a wankfest over how many transfers are going on.

They’re gonna become raw at this rate

im horny jack nicholson GIF

Absolutely disappointed with this whole situation. So, at the start of the summer I read a lot of crap from the so called journalists /close to the club/ that the club has done a perfect job on the transfer market and everybody at LFC will sit back and watch the the madness of the last days of the transfer window.

Well, some of us tried to explain that we will suffer after such a long season and such a short break with so much football and WC in the middle of the season. We needed freshness and competition especially in midfield where most of our players are injury prone, getting older and very soon there will be shortage in midfield. Well, it is only September, the season has just began and we don’t play 2 or 3 times a week, but we have only 4 fit senior midfielders at the moment /4 from 9/. Well, 5 if you count Carvalho, but then, if we use him in midfield suddenly we will be short in attack.

Klopp finally admitted that we need a midfielder and also added that money is an issue /I will quote our manager: “Let me say it like this, from time to time, I would like to risk a bit more - but I don’t decide that” /, VvD supported the manager saying something similar. They said that we need a player not for this difficult moment, but for the whole season. And suddenly we will sign Melo - player which career is going on a downward spiral. He spends a lot of time on the treatment table, I have watched him several times playing for Juve and he looked slow even in Italy, I just can’t see him adapt easily /if he can ever adapt/ to the speed and aggression of the English footbal. Allegri is a top manager and he doesn’t like Arthur, last season he preferred guys like Rabbiot, McKenny and Locatelli instead of Arthur. And now we sign this guy on loan, without option to buy, but obviously the most important thing for the club is that we won’t pay a loan fee for the player. Great job, mr. Ward!

Looks like this season we spent everything available on Carvalho, Ramsay and Nunez and money is not available for new players. The favourite slogan of FSG must be ‘‘We will spend big … next summer!’’. This summer ths club’s net spending is less then 5 mln. pounds. Practically our net spending since Klopp’s arrival is 15-20 mln. pounds per season. Looks like this season the club is managing even better.

It is strange that teams such as Arsenal /they haven’t played CL football for years/ can spend more than 300 mln. pounds net in two consecutive seasons /and they are really improving/ and teams such as Villa, Palace, West Ham constantly outspend us. I am not even speaking about Chelsea, City and Manure - teams that spend hundreds of million pounds.

And this is not the main point, the main point is that our midfield is getting older - Hendo /will be 33 next season, Milner /37 and his contract expires/, Keita /will probably leave, same is valid for AOC. Thiago is injury prone and will be 32 years old, Jones is missing too many games every season /this season has just began and he already missed the first 5 games, after playing 5 minutes vs. City/.

Elliott has a great potential, but he is still only 19 years old and against Bournemouth Klopp took him off after 45 minutes, because the boy felt something, he will need a break, but when that is going to happen with our injury problems?

It is matter of time before we see Arthur joining Thiago, Naby, AOC and Hendo on the treatment table. Last season he missed 119 days of football, because of injuries, that is almost 4 months. But it is important to say that Juve are happy to pay 50% of his wages. Well done to the owners.

For example PSG signed Fabian Ruiz for 20 mln. pounds and Valencia captain Carlos Soler for 15 mln. pounds. Both players - fit and leaders of their teams. We signed an injury prone substitute of Juventus that barely finished in top 4 last season, who failed in Spain and Italy and his agent can’t probably believe his luck that the finalist of the last season’s CL want him, but at least we won’t pay a transfer fee.

This transfer is so similar to the deals of Caulker, Ben Davies and Kabak. Low profile players, who are cheap or even for free, but are these type of signings the best possible option for Klopp, while fighting against teams like City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Sputs and even Manure. Teams that invested hundred of million pounds and have more depth in their squads and their main aim is top 4.

And I am afraid that if we fail to finish in top 4 at the end of the season, most of the fans will criticize Klopp and his staff and he will be the sinner ion their eyes. But that won’t be not true, the only reason this club has gone so far during the last 7 seasons is Juergen Klopp, working on a limited budget, doing miracles time and time again against teams that spend and spend and spend.

1 Like

This guy has played for Barca and Juve it’s not that really comparable to Ben Davies, Caulker or even Kabak.

6 Likes

Signing Arthur leaves me feeling a bit meh, but there are parts of it that make sense and it could even be a masterstroke.

What I like is it adds an experienced midfielder, with a point to prove, who has the skillset to come into our midfield and help us out. We have an aging group that is increasingly injury prone, two prime age midfielders that are very injury prone (Keita and Ox) and some kids who are very promising indeed (Elliott, Carvalho, Bacjetic, and Jones if we still want to call him a kid. Oh and yes, I know Carvalho might just as easily be classed as a forward, but let’s see how he goes here…) Anyway, adding Arthur to the pot on a loan deal gives us some additional depth, at a low cost low risk.

Then next summer we will overhaul the department properly.

By then we will know a lot more about the progress that Elliott, Jones, Carvalho and even Bajcetic will have made. We will also presumably be saying goodbye to Ox, Keita, and Milner (unless the latter signs in a coaching role, which I would like). Henderson will start to assume the Milner role, Fabinho will still have some miles on the clock, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Thiago chooses to move on to spend his last years in an easier league, physically. Just a hunch though.

We would still need one or two midfielders to come in after all that turnover.

Bellingham as the expensive buy, and Laimer on a free, would be excellent. But let’s imagine one goes to Real Madrid and the other goes to Bayern Munich.

Then what will we do?

With the wages suitably cleared out with several departures, I’m sure we will still recruit meaningfully in this area of the pitch. And we will do so having assessed the progress of our younger midfielders.

There are lots of young midfielders who right now represent too much of a risk for the price their teams want, but by next summer maybe it will make more sense?

Kone will be a year older. Will he be making a great case for himself?
Thuram will be a year older too.
And what about Caicedo? An intriguing prospect at Brighton, who don’t need to sell, but after a year in the Prem maybe we would be willing to drop a hefty sum on him because he would be more proven?

Lots of possible ways it all might pan out.

But welcome to Arthur, and good luck to him. Low risk, but could be just the thing we need to tide us over to next summer and a proper overhaul. And in the meantime, some of our kids are making a real case for themselves.

1 Like

Ah, yes and what he achieved in those two teams?

1 Like

You generally don’t accidentally end up playing for the Brazilian national team if you’re actually a bag of wank.

5 Likes

You were saying it was like those as in the calibre. But yeah I wasn’t aware it was Artur’s fault that Juve and Barca are mediocre teams now.

1 Like

Yeah more than a bit of a head scratcher.
And Klopp constantly preaches evolution. How is it evolution when we will have to replace 3 midfielders in one summer window?

2 Likes

Premier League Celebration GIF by MolaTV

champions league football GIF by BT Sport

2 Likes

Well he isn’t he will replace two Elliott has already replaced one or will end up doing so.

Well,he played for them exactly when they were pretty poor. It is easy to see his development for those two teams.
In Barca he started 19 games in his first season, then he started 14 games in his second season and they swapped him for Pjanic /who played last season for Besiktas/. And in Juve Arthur started 13 times in his first season and 11 times in his second season.The for of a true champion.

Looks like a top signing, improving season after season… I mean playing less football and we sign a Juve reject. I bet that if someone told you 2 months ago that Arthur will improve our midfield you would disagree, but it is a differetnt situaton now, eh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And I’ll say again, it’s not long ago that anyone asking Klopp about midfield reinforcements was getting their head ripped off by him.

If you think we’ve fucked up in not bringing in a midfielder, that’s fine. But don’t blame FSG when a couple of weeks ago Klopp would have called you a prick and lamped you for that opinion.

4 Likes