The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Can you please remind me when was his last start for Brazil?

Well, then how will explain Klopp’s words: “Let me say it like this, from time to time, I would like to risk a bit more - but I don’t decide that”

We all know the score, and all the points have been made.

We might have strengthened the midfield with a key player, earlier in the summer. Plenty were calling for it.

Then after a turn of events - including investing heavily in another area of the pitch after Tchouameni went to Real Madrid - Klopp appeared to knuckle down and be satisfied with what we had. Not fully satisfied, as we were in for choo-choo, but satisfied as in “I will come back to this to refresh the department next summer.”

As the midfield injuries kept piling up, Klopp had a bit of a volte-face. (I suspect he spoke up so forthrightly simply to protect the club and be a target man for any disgruntlement).

By that late stage prices had gone up, ridiculously so. Unproven midfielders were being touted for unreasonable sums.

So what did we do?

Loan deal, Arthur. While we presumably also give our kids more space to make their mark. So far Elliott is grabbing his chance. Maybe others will too?

The midfield department will be refreshed next summer. We all know the names of three who will leave. By then we will have seen the rate of progress of our youngsters and will also know what emerging players in the wider market are worth the money being asked. And it may well be that a deal for Bellingham is tied up too.

We coulda shoulda woulda done this or that, but in the famous words of Klopp, that’s how it is.

So, game on!

Down to business. Two wins on the spin, an easy rout and a very satisfying late winner, see us go into the derby.

I can’t wait.

YNWA

3 Likes

Erm but replacing 3 is evolution.

Three starting-level midfielders? How is that evolution? We take AGES for players to bed in. Everyone was surprised how Diaz took to it like a duck to water because he is an absolute outlier.

But its still the team evolving it may not be the best practice but its still evolution.

Quite clearly the club will have alternatives lined up for that scenario because next summer will be the year we have a significant change to our midfield and cash to do so.

1 Like

Nobody would be complaining if we signed him a month ago.

1 Like

It’s Revolution not evolution. Evolution takes place over time not in one preseason. We wouldn’t replace ManĂ© Salah Firmino in one window would we?

I think this is overstated because of Fabinho and Robertson. Virgil did OK from day one. As did Salah and Mane. I’m sure we can name others too.

1 Like

Klopp talked about taking risks, maybe this loan deal is a kind of compromise to solve the problem after Hendos injury yesterday? The player fits the profile, our Brazilian players know him already well and this guy has a point to prove. Maybe Arthur wants to go the the world cup, or just bring his career back on track, at least he grabbed his chance and we will see what happens?

He is helping us and we are helping him sounds ok for me. And what does it even mean to be a “Juve reject”
?

We signed an “underwhelming Chelsea reject” a while ago, turned out pretty ok tbf. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Exactly, completely agree. We will have seen the rate of progress of Elliott, Jones, Carvalho and Bajcetic, and thus have more of an idea as to what we will need.

Then we will also look at players who are borderline now - the likes of Kone, Thuram, Caicedo - and if any of them, and more besides, are looking like they are worth dropping a tidy sum on, we will.

Like death and taxes, end of a transfer window where we’ve not spaffed £200mil on rubbish and Marcus Berglund shows up with an essay about how shit FSG are.

10 Likes

They didn’t come in all in the same window

We could do like i said its not best practice but its still the squad evolving.

Yup. The fucking bed wetting about not making top 4 because we’ve had a rough start to the season is driving me fucking batty. We came within a cunt hair of the quad last season, and we’re going to be right back up there again this season.

Strap in and enjoy the ride you fucking FANNIES. Klopp and FSG have earned enough credit at this point for us to be able to have a bit of faith, no?

16 Likes

Yes they would, he’d be injured by now.

3 Likes

You want it to mean money because it fits your witch hunt.

1 Like

Times perfectly with Thiago’s return I think you’ve nailed why we are signing him now.

1 Like

Just seen another video where Dominic King doubles down on the Bellingham deal being done gor next year.

4 Likes