The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

american pie this one time at band camp GIF by IFC

How did you guess.

We chose the player on loan instead of either of those players.

4 Likes

This Spring, but the underlying point is sound. The move to Juve was not great, and his last few months at Barca weren’t either. I haven’t seen enough of Juve over the pandemic to have a good sense of what he was like there, but at Barca the change in managers was a disaster for him.

4 Likes

So we chose an injury prone bit part player over experienced premier league players?

We were forced into this, this is clear…loaning is our only option as we don’t have the money., this is also clear because it’s not the first time it’s happened.

No, we’re choosing to go after a player on loan.

5 Likes

Like I said it’s a game of opinions, the opinion of our scouts is that Arthur for 1 season is better than having Tielemans or Luiz for several. I think in an ideal world we wouldn’t be signing any of them.

4 Likes

I see Chelsea is loaning Denis Zakaria from Juve on loan. Weren’t we linked with him at some point?

I am a total whore about this stuff, but I am now fully on board. Normally it takes me weeks to ride this rollercoaster after starting off being underwhelmed, but I’ve done a full downing here in less than 24 hours.

2 Likes

Tielemans would quit training on the first day, it’s too hard Jurgen, Brendan’s is far easier.

Judging by the number of injuries we pick up in training, it’s hard for a lot of them.

No big club would loan a midfielder from Juventus.

4 Likes

i always find forums as interesting places with a combination of cringy, naive and ignorant. Takes the premise of “opinion” AS FAACT to a whole new level. looks like the fact that we have not signed a 100 million player , it means arthur by default is a bad player. people forget how well he played in barca. how he went for 70 million. Dude can play. it jus didnt work out in juventus, jus like it didnt work out for luis alberto or Aspas at lfc. it dont mean they are bad players. sometimes shit jus dont fit. its normal, its life. But dont discount a players ability based on not getting who you wanted and his struggles at another team… salah from chelsea says hello

12 Likes

It clearly wasn’t in the plans two weeks ago, but as a ‘panic move’, I can live with it - particularly because I really do see some potential upside risk. I was underwhelmed with Arthur in the one time I can recall seeing him for Juve, so I see his career as one that has been knocked off track. Brazil still holds out hope for him, though I don’t recall when he last started.

3 Likes

I actually like Luiz and Tielemans, probably more than most here. I think Luiz would be particularly useful in a situation like this.

But I’m also against signing players for the sake of it. Short term pain for long term gain and all that. We didn’t buy a midfielder this summer because the squad is bloated, there’s no sense in bloating it more with a player the manager isn’t sure about.

Give Melo a chance at least.

10 Likes

Fans on here very quick to point out, “If we aren’t in for them, they must be shit.”

“Tielemans downed tools, Tielemans would quit training.”

All baseless agenda’s because he doesn’t want to sign an extension?

Luiz yes, Tielemans heck no

He brings his brother Marsh with him as well! Proper fun around a fire.

6 Likes

yep he is a good player… he stays injury free, folks will be begging lfc to sign him permanently… the brazilian contingent here is gonna help him out massively…

3 Likes

Fixed for accuracy

2 Likes