The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

We could just send him videos of our last two games against them.

7 Likes

Weirdly consistent rumors that Barca are willing to listen to offers to Frenkie De Jong and have already linked up his replacement (kids, plus Carlos Soler). Dont know if he is the right guy, but he is definitely the sort of player Utd have been missing. You put him in the middle with one or both of McFred and their limitations look a lot less pronounced. Of course, doesnt solve the issue of what to do with Ronaldo/Bruno.

3 Likes

Just don’t talk about him.

6 Likes

That would be an annoying signing. Probably wouldn’t mean much for us next season, in normal circumstances it’s still between City and Liverpool. But like you say, definitely a player who could help them. Obviously makes sense in terms of how you’d imagine TH will want them to play.

It’s a funny rumour this, seems like it’s Barca rather than the player who wants the move.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s Man Utd mentioning about 90 players they will sign as they do every season.

1 Like

I think there were rumours of him leaving Barca last summer.

He may just be one of the players they have that they can afford to sell for a decent sum to help with the rebuild?

2 Likes

Aye, I think that’s the issue. The Utd link is just a solution the problem being posed, which is if Barca try to get rid where does he land. And I think the genesis of that is they are still trying to raise money to rebuild a poorly put together squad and they figure he has the best combination of market value and replacability with the players they already have.

5 Likes

We want to sign him, not give him a stiffy

1 Like

I’m seriously not bothered who they sign, if the idea is to buy about 5 more players at high wages and high cost then I’ll let them continue that.

Especially with Klopp for another 4 years in fact it wouldn’t surprise me if Klopp sees another Man Utd manager in his time even if he doesn’t extend again.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the 4 be there twice, i.e just before Man Utd also???

1 Like

It would honestly be surprising if he didn’t see at least one more Man Utd manager off before he leaves.

ten Hag appointment just stinks of “gone by Christmas”.

3 Likes

I expect they will give him time, Ole was desperately stinking the place out, if he does better than expected he will see the 3 out if he can’t right the stink in that place he will still get a season.

2 Likes

Tchouameni with a brace yesterday against Lille.

Please sign this lad!

7 Likes

Reading the Aberdeen forums, the general opinion appears to be that Ramsay started the season brilliantly, got injured and has been hit and miss since coming back.

There’s a split between those who reckon he’s a brilliant prospect and think £4m isn’t enough and those who believe that £4m for a player with, basically, three months of good form is excellent business.

I would trust our transfer team to know the qualities that they want in a young player.

3 Likes

4 million is cheap enough for a fella with his experience at his age. Even if he flops here, the Liverpool brand behind him and the even higher level of experience he will gain here surely will get us a higher than 4 million fee. Hopefully he does a good job here and pushes Trent and allows for more rotation for the position

2 Likes

Considering we will at least get double I feel for Neco.

2 Likes

The numbers guys must really like Ramsay if they see him as a better long-term option than Neco, who looks a good prospect.

2 Likes

It seems that Neco wants a move for playing time rather than us wishing to sell.

1 Like

He picked up an injury in January and struggled for form after, he’s also admitted the pressure of the rumour’s got to him a bit which is understandable when he’s only 18.

Aberdeen fans swing dramatically from a player is fantastic to terrible in the space of two matches so I wouldn’t pay to much attention.

2 Likes