The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He’s having a bad season in fairness, I think his level is normally a little better.

1 Like

Those stats are for a young player who would be playing a different role, and in a different system, were he to join us.

As such, although they’re interesting, they’re pretty meaningless.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure about the no knobheads test , but he’d definitely fail the no chav twats test.

Declan Rice on one game he wishes he saw live:

"I know straight away. My dad was already there but I’d have loved to have gone. Istanbul. Liverpool. Champions League final. Imagine being a fan in that situation. Incredible. I’d have gone to that.”
Hint hint.

11 Likes

Wonder if that means his dad is a Liverpool fan?

Ah he is from Kingston my neck of the woods, if his dad is a red it may open the door.

Irish heritage probably lands his grandparents in the north west I assume. Generally what happened.

5 Likes

That is quite an easy pick for any genuine football fan to be fair, given as it’s one of the greatest games ever televised!

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, the thought of Rice and Bellingham in our midfield makes me wet. One can dream. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

So it’s a Rice, Bellingham, Mount midfield next season. Might as well sack Klopp and bring Southgate in as well.

I’m joking! Jeez….

1 Like

Happy World Cup GIF by Three Lions
He fucking wishes

1 Like

Too much information …

I think Mount’s a great player having a poor season. Remember watching a few of his games at Derby when I was hoping that Wilson was our next big thing. Mount looked the real deal then. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Love how people think they can judge his personality based on watching MOTD :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’d agree, everytime he’s played us he’s been a massive part of an effective midfield which smoothered us with relentless pressing. I personally think our name is being used in negotiations to get him the contract he wants, but you could see why we might be interested of a full England international who would fit here well and at 23 has a long career ahead.

I’m unsure why there is any negativity around him personally, Mount is a decent upgrade on Keita and Oxlade and with a midfield containing Henderson and Thiago who need replacing in 2-3 years you could see him on a free being very attractive.

1 Like

Mount doesn’t even play as a midfielder for Chelsea (he’s usually in a 2 behind a centre forward), I can’t see how he’s an upgrade on Keita (apart from the obvious availability issue).

Their midfield success against us has been built on the backs of Kovacic and Kante.

3 Likes

Thats the reason! Pointless being a prime Modric if you can only play 40% of games.

I’m sure in the last cup competition we played against them Mount was part of a midfield which pressed us all over and we hardly created anything.

1 Like

You can say that about any player then, would be hard to find one less reliable than Keita.

I’m not sure where this insistance that Mount is a player suited to our midfield is coming from when he hasn’t shown anything at Premier League level to justify it. That is not where he’s done his good work for Chelsea.

He’s an energetic presser, that alone doesn’t make him a midfielder. Keita, Lallana and Firmino were all equal/better pressers than Wijnaldum and Henderson but they obviously aren’t/weren’t as solid defensively as that pair, or even close.

1 Like

According to Fichajes we’re sending scouts to keep close tabs on Nico Williams.

Can’t imagine he’ll get too much game time.

To be honest I don’t have a strong opinion on him, certainly not seen him enough to warrant that. I’ve just gone off what I’ve seen when they play us and at 23 could see Klopp turning him into an excellent midfielder.

The only reason he is attractive for me is the fact his contract is winding down, if for that there would be far better options out on the market.

Sounds like Gini coming from Newcastle to me…he wasn’t a middie either.

Mount just looks like a Klopp midfielder when I’ve watched him play.

Not that I put a massive amount of stock into the opinion of fans but most Chelsea fans think Mount is not particularly great.

2 Likes

Mount had the odd game here and there as part of the midfield 3 (I think one recently when he played LCM instead of Kovacic), but he’s mainly a between the lines player. Like Maddison. Will they ever be able to play their best football as proper midfielders, nobody knows.