The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Just because Gini did it doesn’t mean everyone else can.

Mount might be able to, but to get back to my original point, he definitely isn’t there yet and he hasn’t at all proven he can play as a proper midfielder in this league.

Personally, I don’t see the point in taking that risk when there are so many potential options open to us who are of a similar age that are already doing the business in midfield.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say no to Mount on a reduced fee or a free if contract situation allows, but I’d rather see what our own attacking midfielders become.

Let’s play a fantasy game, mentioned above, where we have Rice and Bellingham. Personally, I’d rather see Harvey Elliott’s star continue to rise in a new trio, instead of bringing Mount in.

1 Like

He played there against Arsenal and was terrible, gave the ball away constantly.

1 Like

Cool. I didn’t see that game, just noticed him, watching average positions, in a deeper position than usually.

From Sweeting’s link:

Mason Mount vs Arsenal.

78 minutes played.

38 touches.

61% passing accuracy.

Lost possession 16 times.

1 Like

And I find it amazing when you see football people (paid to watch and give insight on games) in studios picking an England midfield, par example in a 4-3-3, with the two #8’s being the likes of Mount, Maddison or Foden…

What’s next, Grealish as the single pivot #6?

1 Like

Naby :rofl: as if Chelsea want him.

Gomez or Bobby,they can’t have either one.

2 Likes

I’d offer them Naby, Ox and Adrian

1 Like

Now you’re just taking the piss.

I like your style.

1 Like

Bring him in! He’d fit right in this team! :joy:

(I didn’t say which Klopp midfield he looks like :clown_face:)

I do like him though- albeit with the caveat I haven’t seen much of Chelsea this year and sounds like he is struggling.

1 Like

That seems harsh. He was great last year and only 23. You could pick one game of any of our midfielders and find awful stats. I’d like to see what Klopp can do with him

He does have all the characteristics, he’s fast enough, physically fit with an excellent engine, good touch and quick feet.

What position would Marcus Thuram play for us if we went for him?

He’d rotate with Nunez I’d imagine.

Can’t see us landing him for 20m but if we could, wow.

What position did he play last year?

1 Like

If he comes in Jan, Mason could help us mount a comeback challenge for top 4.

1 Like

Now do one of those with Caicedo

Competition for Diaz?

I suspect the Thuram rumour is rubbish, we have enough options in his two positions (up top and on the left), especially with recent news that Bobby will probably sign a new deal and stay.

3 Likes

Agree, I’d say we need a left footer who plays off the right… but is the likes of Gordon (if he recovers from his injury) and Doak being given a route to the first team knowing Salahs longevity?

1 Like