The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

What? What about overrated because he’s Jewish? Or black? Would that be Fify too? :scream:

3 Likes

English stole him from Ireland because he was overrated.

Well he’s only ‘oirish’ via ancestry - usually it’s the ROI team that ‘steal’ second rate english players.

Because he is a brilliant footballer that will captain his country at some point.
He is underrated by some!

As a chinese, I love rice of all sorts and I can say Declan is not one of them.

4 Likes

Usually the who? What country are you referring there?
Also ancestry is usually what determines your nationality.

Republic of Ireland. Under Jack Charlton they brought in a number of players with distant connections to Ireland. Some, like Tony cascarino it turned out had none at all (it was believed at the time he qualified through a grandmother or great grandmother?)

I know, I was being facetious, I’m Irish. Oirish is a disparaging term which is very annoying.
Tony Cas was a weird one. How that passed is bizarre. But every country has done / does it. John Barnes being a prime example.

2 Likes

Remember the joke doing the rounds at the time.

FAI = Find any Irishman.

IF we’re really considering something like that (there would have to be a serious buyer for Fabinho), then of course it would be only logical to have Rice on our list of targets. Still think it won’t happen, we’ll probably sign 1-2 CM’s for the two more advanced roles than the deepest one.

1 Like

I’m Oirish too. :wink:

1 Like

Haven’t read the article so don’t know if we are one of the two sides reportedly interested.

I could see the two clubs being Man Utd and Newcastle.

Then again, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we are one of them. It would make sense if we are selling Fabinho.

Then with Ox, Keita and Milly coming to the end of their time, it would be great if we go big on Bellingham, or possibly Enzo.

Personally, I see Rice as more of a Hendo replacement than a Fabinho replacememnt.

He can play the 6 role, but looks more mobile and able to play the box-2-box role

Ghana Players crowding their own box that leaves much space for their opponents around it.

I do as well.

Nah.

Rice got forward more last season (or added that “weapon” to his game), but I don’t think #8 will ever be his main/best role. It’s different to go forward at times from deep or start higher, also different to do it at West Ham or potentially here. Different midfield structure also.

1 Like

Just need that old relic from United to criticise his gait and I’m all in.

4 Likes

Rice and Bellingham both needed. :yum:
And if we pushing the boat out Enzo Fernández also. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Alisson
Trent Ibou Virgil Robbo
Fab Rice
Jude
Mbappe Diaz
Nunez

Alisson
Trent Ibou Virgil Robbo
Jude Rice
Salah Mbappe Diaz
Nunez

Don’t mind me here guys btw, just having a little tinker with our formation for next season.