The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

No, Jobe is his brother and its being reported we are leading the race for his signature. I think even when Jude was about to head off to Dortmund it was mentioned somewhere about our interest in Jobe too.

6 Likes

All right, thanks for clearing that up. U18 player then, I guess?

1 Like

Yes. I think he turns 17 in September

1 Like

Is Jobe any good? Similar to his brother?

1 Like

Not sure. I might be confusing him with someone else, but I think I read at the time of Judeā€™s transfer that Jobe was thought to be the more talented of the two. Obviously, that would have been a couple of years ago.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve read the same but I feel like thatā€™s always said about the younger sibling of a player whoā€™s already broken through and more often than not it isnā€™t true.

Only one way to find out, get them both.

8 Likes

Jobe is a winger/forward currently. He made three first team appearances for Birmingham after going from U18 to first team in the course of the season. Most of his football was at U23 level.

I had him on my ones to watch list in pre-season. Would be the second signing from Birmingham recently after we took Calum Scanlon (currently the starting LB for the U18s).

2 Likes

Yeah Thorgan was supposed to be better than Eden Hazzard but if Iā€™m honest Iā€™ve not seen it.

1 Like

Dybala to leave Juventus end of season on a free.

2 Likes

Is it Jobe or Job? They seem to be going for the Biblical names, so was just wondering.

Anyway, Jude Bellingham is a fantastic player and looks set to be a top midfielder for years to come. The problem with getting him now is the timing with Dortmund, and of course the money. By the time potential became sure thing, or near as dammit, the money went through the roof.

Tchouameni seems the one to go for this summer, and then see how the cards fall with Jude in another year or two.

His younger brother might be an interesting acquisition. If it turns out Jobe is the Bobby Charlton and Jude the Jackie Charlton, we will be laughing.

Whatever that meansā€¦.

2 Likes

Yes you are right, we are not getting a joke, we are getting a jobe.

Its not difficult to be better than the Eden Hazard now.

Never heard of him tick
From Porto tick
Weā€™re in for him tick

Get it done!

4 Likes

Not really heard of him either but i think there were links to him during the winter window.

1 Like

Tbh it sounds like a kinda generic name.

Iā€™m off to googleā€¦

1 Like

I thought we wanted Vitinha, or well thatā€™s what I had read.

We have entered the race for Eddie Nketiah according to some sources, Origi replacement and free also HG.

Kind of interesting about Birmingham is that we are apparently chasing Bellingham but they have a 17 year old as a regular starter - Jordan James - and no one is really being linked with a move for him. Iā€™ll be honest a year ago I had never even heard of him, came out of nowhere to play 21 games in the Championship.

1 Like

Yeah sounds like we are champions managering it now! Of course in the game the quad thing becomes an annual event, so lets seeā€¦