The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How do they come up with these numbers???

2 Likes

Like this…

PSG is understood to be keen on landing Mohammad Salah from Liverpool to shore up their faltering attack. A key figure in PSG hierarchy speaking on condition of anonymity claims that Liverpool is willing to negotiate any offer in the region of €150m. Salah, who has just one year left in his contract and has been refusing to sign an extension, is open to the move, the source claimed. The transfer will make Salah the highest paid footballer with an estimated €1078000/w wage along with other incentives and bonuses.

1 Like

PSG are offering Liverpool £110m and Salah? Sounds a bargain

8 Likes

I might be wrong but I think that UOL is a reliable source and that they were the first to report our interest in Alisson. That said, even if it was true, with Ten Hag there and the money they will likely give Antony, they are probably the frontrunners for his signature.

I hope this is not true. Antony is a diver and a cheat, he is the younger brother of Neymar, not as good just as obnoxious.

3 Likes

He may be a diver and cheat, but he isnt related to Neymar.

1 Like

He is also very talented and if we were to get him, Klopp would stamp out such flaws sooner rather than later.

Difficult seeing this make much sense without one of the old front 3 moving on…are we preparing for a contract impasse and pending PSG bid for Mo?

4 Likes

The front three are getting older, their contracts are running down, and they want massive paydays on their last big contract. Diaz and Jota are primed replacements who have slotted in perfectly. If we’re after Antony as well then i back our recruitment team.

Brazilian journos saying we’re one of the three teams in for him: utd (ten hag), and newcastle (saudi money to burn) are apparently the other two after him. Could be the agents linking us to make the other two stump up more money because both of thise teams will pay stupid money to ajax and the player. Could be genuine interest from us. If we are interested then i imagine he’ll have the sense to pick us over bit more money and infinitely more misery at the other two clubs.

2 Likes

I’d be massively concerned if we thought Jota was an adequate replacement for Bobby or Mane at the moment. The drop off from Mane to Jota is pretty huge at present.

Hopefully a full pre-season gets him firing again but since coming back from injury he’s been poor, even a liability at times.

3 Likes

Agreed. He replaces the goals alone, not everything else that Mane brings to the team. He’s been a great signing but unfair to expect him to replace one of our best ever players

1 Like

Yeah, Dybala’s off to reunite with Conte at Tottenham where he’ll replace Son who’s moving to Anfield as Salah’s replacement. Mmmm, seems legit. Think I’ll put all that in a tweet.

4 Likes

I hope Mo signs a new deal and stays, but the longer it goes on, the more vulnerable it looks. If Mbappe is going to announce a move to Real Madrid, the stars align for Mo to go to PSG.

It would be a shame as we are fighting for everything right now, but they will pay him a kings ransom, and if that’s what he wants to do then so be it. Life is too short for bitterness - we will leave that to the other lot across the park - so if Mo does leave, he goes with our best wishes.

At that point we would be looking for a fast wide forward, probably a left footer to play on the right side. Antony fits the bill, and would be a good signing. Slight question marks over diving and play acting will be cleaned up when he adopts the culture that is running through LFC under Klopp’s tutelage.

Might be getting too far ahead, but we would have:

Mane (hopefully signs a new deal)
Diaz
Jota
Antony
Firmino (still a good player, but more a back up for us now)
Carvalho

With possibly Mo, and presumably Origi and Minamino to depart.

I’m not altogether convinced by the group and think it needs one more, possibly an upgrade for Firmino. Six good strikers, with five subs, is the way to go.

PS - Let’s imagine there are three Prem teams in for Antony - Man Utd, Newcastle, Liverpool. Man Utd, I could see it with the Ten Hag connection, but they are some way off the top level, and he would surely think twice. Newcastle, I could see it with the money, ditto Man Utd there too, but they aren’t yet ready for sporting glory, and it would be a real shame if he passed up the chance to join Liverpool.

If we want him, I think he will come, though obviously if he chooses either of the others, we are well out of it anyway, as we only need winners who want to compete for the top prizes here.

All the recent news/ rumours i’ve seen appears to say Mbappe is staying at PSG…

That was how it appeared a few weeks ago but increasing reports now of Madrid still being in the hunt. Notably nothing has come out of the Mbappe camp which suggests like the “he’s staying” stories were leaked out of PSG.

3 Likes

Not according to Ballbag.

Thanks guys.

That would make more sense, especially now that Madrid made the CL final.

3 Likes
1 Like

Knowing us they will have to blow us out of the water on their offer. We won’t sell before we buy anyhow.

4 Likes