The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Aligns with Klopps comments about us wanting Mbappe but no chance we’d be in discussions based on his demands.

2 Likes

Mo Salah is brilliant. I hope he signs a new deal.

As we aren’t involved in the negotiations as fans, we can’t possibly know what the rub is. We have heard recognition, but that doesn’t really make sense, as he has become one of the very best in the world at Liverpool, winning every prize there is to win. Perhaps Mo thinks that there are one or two other clubs where he has a better chance of winning the Ballon D’or? Strange business if so.

Maybe it is about money? I am sure we have offered a lot, making him our highest earner, and I am sure it has stretched us. And I am equally sure he could earn more elsewhere. So maybe that is it?

Or perhaps it is about length of contract? Or image rights? Or maybe fancying a new challenge in another another city before he retires? Or family desire to see some other place? The next contract he signs will be the biggest of his life, and there’s a lot to think about.

Mo has been brilliant for us, and I really hope he stays. But if he doesn’t, the stars seem to be aligning for a move to PSG, and we won’t stand in his way if he wants to go.

This season he has been off the charts brilliant, then he played his heart out for Egypt, just falling short of lifting that nation to the top of African football. He gave every last ounce of energy and the overriding memory is of some nasty business with his face full of green lasers as he stepped up to hit a penalty.

He suffered heartache, injustice and exhaustion.

Now back to Liverpool. In reflection it was impossible to keep up the standards of the first half of the season, but since coming back he has given his all and remained a threat. Arguably there has been a growing sense that he is pursuing personal goals at the expense of team goals a bit too much, but we don’t know the ins and outs of that, and Klopp and his men will have a word if needed.

Mo is loved here, and he is going for the biggest prizes here.

So I can’t believe his departure is possibly on the cards, but such is life.

If he goes, it will be with our best wishes, and hopefully another Prem and CL in his medal collection. If he stays, none of us will be unhappy with that, as he is such a good player.

Liverpool Football Club is in such great condition under Klopp and FSG that we can be chilled about the whole thing. Our recruitment has been spot on, and we will get this right too, if we are forced to move.

My best guess is he moves on to PSG.

We sign Antony, Tchouameni and Carvalho, and crucially, Mane to a new deal. Depending on what happens with the rest of the group we might sign an additional striker, maybe an upgrade on Bobby, but I suspect that will be enough change for one summer, and we will see how we go.

4 Likes

Is this Antony bloke good enough to tie Mo’s shoelaces?

I haven’t watched 10 full Ajax games this season, sorry!

5 Likes

Fittingly I bet @Dutch is the only one who has.

4 Likes

Nah, he hates them

4 Likes

Through gritted teeth, calling them all cunts at every touch of the ball.

3 Likes

I’ve only seen bits of him.

Fast, tricky, raw ingredients there to potentially kick on and be world class. Not there yet. So at that point it’s down to the stattos at the club to do their NASA algorithms and determine the likelihood and rate of progression. And then the social scientists can weigh in on character and chemistry, to gauge his fit with the squad, adaptability, propensity to overcome and work hard, and so on.

By the time it all gets clearer on Antony, say if we let another year go by, his price may well double.

I think if we buy we would not be buying a long shot, but a very good player quite possibly about to emerge as world class, who, soon enough, would be worth double what we pay.

Edit: would be a long way short of Mo in terms of goals, but I suspect he will improve there.

Origi reported as being on the verge of agreeing a free transfer to AC Milan, agreed terms and awaiting a medical (from the Guardian).

3 Likes

Wish him all the best

2 Likes

PSG being linked with Mane too - I just can’t see that happening.

Surely all the Liverpool players are on the dog n bone to Gini now and again.

Liverpool keen on Bowen and hammers prepared to sell for right price, Liverpool willing to offer Oxlade-Chamberlain plus Minamino and 35m, clubs not close yet. :grin:

Not sure where that offer has come from but sounds unlikely. West Ham would probably want more than that for Bowen, and its rare for player + cash for another player deals to happen directly. I would imagine West Ham would be confident of picking up both Ox and Minamino if both are available, without them having to sell Bowen.

Would that put Bowens price at about 65mp?

Don’t know what would West Ham do with Ox and Taki, they have a ton of players who play in their positions between the lines. Another striker and central midfielder would probably be more needed.

1 Like

Lazy journalists.

I heard Ox and Karius plus £3.5m :+1:

2 Likes

So when are Real putting their bid in? I can see them putting out a rumour that they are about to put a lowball bid in for Salah. Maybe next Wednesday?

2 Likes

Pearce confirming Divock has agreed personal terms. Not the most important player for us, but a vital and clutch part of our success under klopp. Cult hero status firmly established and i doubt he’ll ever pay for a pint in the city after the barca goals. One of my favourites from this batch of players and i have no doubt he’ll smash the italian league.

Also, fuck funes mori.

4 Likes

Cue clutch fumes……

Clutch :face_vomiting:

(happy to help)

2 Likes