The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Isnt his spot being taken by Williams? Is he not counting as home grown?

1 Like

I think Bajcetic might soon qualify as homegrown.

3 Likes

Maybe, that’s why I was asking! If Oxlade left again, the same question applies…

Makes the summer slightly more constrained, especially as Oxlade, Phillips and Kelleher are all on the list. Jones becoming homegrown and club trained surely means he won’t leave, interestingly Van den Berg also becomes homegrown/club trained.

To add, obviously Bellingham takes up one spot (if we get him) of association trained. So maybe something like…

Oxlade → Bellingham
Phillips → Van den Berg
Kelleher → Jones

Then you make other room by Arthur/Keita leaving etc.

Mount then makes sense as an alternative for Bellingham.

Unfortunately not

Surprised me! Especially Elliot.

I am curious: why do you say “unfortunately”? The under-21 players do not count to the homegrown quota as they do not need to be included in the 25-man squad to be fielded in a match. It cannot be regarded as something negative as they can be fielded anyway.

2 Likes

Because you need players to fill the spots of homegrown quota?

Where was I negative? I simply pointed out the facts that Bajcetic won’t be considered homegrown till 2026, not that he can’t play for us.

2 Likes

I do find it a bit bollocks none English players get caught up in this.

Do you mean that they count as “home-grown”?

It seems that Schreuder has now been sacked. Some no-mark on Twitter is speculating that Pep Ljiinders might be a possibility as a replacement. Unlikely?

Yes Pep’s lack of bald head makes it a none starter.

Well, technically you do not need players to fill that homegrown quota, but in any case you are not allowed to have more than 17 “overseas” players older than 21.

That is why I do not understand people on this forum that want to sell the likes of Gomez, Jones and Elliott, and sign overseas players to take their spots. Those same people would then complain about insufficient squad depth. Sure, if you fill only 17 (maybe 18-19) out of 25 possible places, you certainly cannot have as much squad depth as possible.

7 Likes

Well Wales and Scotland don’t count do they?

Wales does, Scotland does not.

Still it’s a bit shit.

1 Like
1 Like

Surprising how few people actually understand that and yet keep spouting on and on about transfer rumours…

2 Likes

Be disappointed if Caicedo goes to Arsenal. Think he would be perfect for us.

1 Like

Yeah I agree but we appear to have put all our eggs into the Bellingham basket… no way we’d pay the £70mil for Caicedo and afford bith

Arsenal having a spend up while we are hoping for our shot midfield suddenly become injury free or finds form.

We are just slipping further and further behind. Last year we went on an amazing run about this time but thats just not going to happen now.

FSG just need to fuck off. No point in having (the rumoured) ÂŁ250m to spend in summer if all the best players have moved on in Jan and we finish 8th.

This lad is exactly what we need yet we are a million miles away. Not even in the conversation.
Brighton holding out for ÂŁ80m - are we saying we dont have that?

5 Likes

It’s FSG all over though mate. They do just enough but never go above and beyond.

3 Likes