The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I know that all of the reliable sources out there have implied that we’re not signing anyone else during this window.

Still, a small part of me is hoping we’ll swoop in for Caicedo before this window closes.

Gareth Bale, he is home grown.

Clearly we’ll buy another left sided attacker.

One Twitter comment said we are still “lurking in the background” for him. if we are lurkers, we may be able to swoop over the next few days :laughing:

1 Like

Please, PLEASE sell Chamberlain! Just getting that 120k per week wages off the books might finally motivate FSG to sign a new midfielder!

You can’t sell what nobody wants to buy.

5 Likes

Well Jones just sucks, Gomez is injury prone, and Elliott is too young. Point taken though, out of those three I’d sell Jones because he’s not even rotation quality. At least Gomez can give us a decent showing when healthy, and Elliott you keep for the future.

It’s true.

No one is going near a crock…nevermind a useless crock.

Naah, we’ll just loan another guy who proceeds to get injured within the next 2 weeks, requiring us to go back into the market but oh my… the window has closed!!

All 3 are well below the level required, what top sides in England or Europe do they get into?

Jones and Gomez are 4th 5th choices anyway but if we had proper options Harvey would also be 4th 5th choice.

Jones and Gomez do not get into our side, and we must also remember it is currently a depleted and underperforming Liverpool side in need of reinforcements. Elliot gets into the side more often than not, but if we had the midfield that we are all hoping for, with two good additions, Elliot becomes a squad man too.

At that point, Gomez, Jones and Elliot as home grown squad men is more than fine by me.

1 Like

Always got the feeling Jones thought if he just goes through the motions of his learning curve his path to the first team was mapped out similar to Trent… Injuries must have knocked him for six and that greasy pole he was doing so well in climbing has all of a sudden slid him back down to the base… Not sure the lad has enough of the ‘x’ factor to force his way into the first eleven… Time will tell though

1 Like

I get it! As long we are above Everton, that will a good season, right?

1 Like

We are still in two cups, the points difference is realistically too sizeable but yeah jump from one point to the other. There is no middle ground.

1 Like

Who said anything about it being a good season. I’m saying Arsenal are none our business. They aren’t.

Let’s face. Arsenal have been spawny as fuck this year. Catching us, Chelsea and City off the back of seasons in which we’ve been run into the ground, while they’ve played some of the lightest seasons in all the top 6-8 clubs. They had a lovely fixture list at the start of the season that let them build up a head of steam, and they’ve had some favourable refereeing decisions.

They’ve managed their season really well, and good luck to them. But they are none of our business for now.

This brings me to a wider point. Arsenal fans are having a lovely time now. There is a good feeling about the club and they are reaping the benefits of the whole club pulling together. But while they were in the doldrums the place was toxic. When they got a sense of what Arteta was trying to go they started enjoying the journey.

Football is entertainment. It’s a hobby. Something to do in our free time. There are too many of our fans losing sight of what this is. We can’t win every year, and there are going to be spells where it’s disappointing (like now)? You have to find a way to enjoy your football when the results aren’t going as planned.

11 Likes

It’s also become a geopolitical tool and a weapon of mass distraction.

6 Likes

To you it might be to others it is much more.

1 Like

And yet many including yourself have said Liverpool’s ownership is critical to them continuing as fans.

It’s possible to have principles about a hobby.

9 Likes

If your golf or cycling club were taken over by human rights abusers you might similarly have second thoughts

3 Likes