The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

If Jimmy Carr’s manager was Hitler, I’d still find him funny.

Panem et circuses

3 Likes

Why would you find Hitler funny? :grimacing:

1 Like

I’d argue that being a match going fan (which would be your comparison) takes it beyond following the club for entertainment. There are few on here. Going to the game ST etc would be directly funding the owners. That’s not the same as following on here streaming the game. That gives zero ££ to the club.

That walk he did in Fatty Owls?

I always thought he must be promoted by sadists

1 Like

Interesting perspective. Can you describe other circumstances under which you would tolerate actual Nazis?

6 Likes

Frustrated Head GIF

1 Like

@Klopptimist has often extolled the virtues of Boris J (blonde hair blue eyes).
Admittedly the virtues he most likes are Boris’s abilities to swing from a rope.

1 Like

Law And Order Ugh GIF by ION Mystery

Me checking in on this thread right now:

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

It’s on.

He’s getting the bus back to Anfield on Sunday

1 Like

We gotta sign this guy, he is so good he doesn’t even need to train!

1 Like

To be honest if I was us I’d have stayed out of it til the game anyhow.

It’s not likely that’s the reason but you’d be savvy if that was the case.

FFS here we go again
Sheffield United Manager Appears To Confirm Interest In Liverpool Target Sander Berge (msn.com)
The Norwegian has been linked with a move to Anfield since his time at Genk.

Sheffield United manager, Paul Heckingbottom has confirmed that there has been interest in some of his top players including Liverpool target Sander Berge.

Wouldn’t about 90% of players have some interest shown in them.

1 Like

In what world do they “not get into our side”? Jones is coming back off a long injury, and the last I checked, Gomez was getting games?

3 Likes

When I entered the discussion I read comments that they suck, and were well below the level required. See above.

I actually tried to defend them! I was being realistic about it though, while also finding some common ground with the detractors. The common ground is that they are not regular starters for us, hence my comment that they do “not get in our side.”

For the avoidance of doubt as to my opinion on the players, I will expand:

They are valuable squad members. It is a squad game and they have their place in the squad. They will start some games, but neither are regular starters. Gomez has been in the past, and if he gets back to his best he can be a regular starter again. That has to be his goal. Jones has never been a regular starter, and his injury problems are well documented. I had hoped he would stake a real claim this season, especially given our midfield issues, but he hasn’t been able to so far. Hopefully he still does.

At the least, both are valuable squad members, and I like that they are home grown too. In my eyes they are far removed from “they suck” and “way below the level required.” I was defending them against that sort of viewpoint, which is wide of the mark for me.

1 Like

The rumor I’m hearing now is Ryan Gravenberch on a loan deal with possibly an option to buy.

With the asking price of Caicedo rocketing up to 100m now… I doubt anyone buys him in the January window.

To think he was available for just 5m only 18 months ago.

18 months ago he had about 20 games in the Ecuadorian league and one game in the league cup.

4 Likes