The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

N
going around stick figure GIF
A

Is that better than a humble
pizza cooking GIF

Iā€™ve always thought Gavi would be unattainable.

Barcelona are poorly run, and they keep making moves to stay financially relevant, but those moves are sometimes dubious, and thereā€™s a sense in which they are running out of family silver/infrastructure to sell off.

Gavi is obviously a top player. Very young too. But any time Iā€™ve heard him speak he has always come across as very pro Barcelona. Like it is his team, and thatā€™s that. In many ways I respect it.

Soā€¦ long shot time, but is there any chance at all that we could sign Gavi? Obviously due to Barcelonaā€™s distress and contract issues with him and the league.

My inclination is to say no chance, but can anyone tell me how it might happen?

It canā€™t. If Barcelona are stupid enough to lose him (and, given that itā€™s his boyhood club, theyā€™d have to really fuck it up), heā€™ll join one of the sportswashing clubs.

3 Likes

His Dadā€™s a Kopite

1 Like

The only way Gavi is possible is if the financial restrictions the league places on Barca prevent them from singing him to a new contract, similar to what happened with Messi.

2 Likes

Maybe Man City go all in for him, and we have to settle for Ugarte, Bellingham and Wirtz?

Whoever gets Gavi is going to have to put up with him trying to engineer a way back to Barca for the length of his contract.

5 Likes

Ā£100mil! Cha Ching!

2 Likes

To be fair Iā€™d be happy with Gavi here for four years until Barca can find some dodgy money to buy him for over 100m

4 Likes

Of course all the top clubs would be interested if he would be available. Whether heā€™s going to leave and what our chances would be, thatā€™s a whole different question.

Then we use the money to buy the next VVD and Alisson!

1 Like

Exactly, it would pan out like the Gerard Pique and Eric Garcia scenarios, i.e. reduced fee or free transfer back to Barcelona. I wonā€™t expect Barcelona to pay any fee.

Rhys Williams up for sale, Blackpool supposed to be interested, 5m would probably be the maximum we get.

4 Likes

Iā€™d imagine that if we did get him, and @Mascotā€™s scenario comes true, it would probably have been with the promise that as long as he does a Coutinho, all parties would be satisfied.

Come in free/cheap, perform well for us for a few season, record transfer fee out. Iā€™d take that.

He isnā€™t going break through and doesnā€™t really fit a Klopp way of playing so best of luck to the lad.

3 Likes

Ā£5m youā€™re asking for too much

:rofl: :rofl:

NEW: Liverpool have reportedly ā€˜sent scoutsā€™ to watch Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse in action. #lfc [liverpool echo]

NEW: Liverpool are pursuing a move for Celta Vigo star Gabri Veiga. #lfc [as via fourfourtwo]

NEW: Liverpool are in the running to sign RB Leipzig centre-back Josko Gvardiol this summer. Gvardiol is seen as an ideal partner for Virgil van Dijk at Anfield, and Jurgen Klopp is pushing the Liverpool board to invest heavily this summer. #lfc [@SportsPeteO]

Thatā€™s more like Liverpool and especially Liverpool after a bad season.

A Ā£30m-ish player Iā€™ve never heard of.

Going back to basics. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

**NEW: Liverpool are interested in signing free agent Evan Ndicka this summer.

Liverpool are aware other Euro giants such as PSG and Barcelona have been linked, but Ndicka is yet to decide on his destinationā€¦though as a Parisian, the French side may have an advantage if they choose to seriously pursue him. [@MaddockMirror]