The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’d have him in - right age, good with his feet, commanding, ideal free transfer, replacing Matip/Phillips in the squad.

1 Like

Thought we would be looking more for a RCB than a LCB.

Unless we’re going to see Virgil at RCB a bit more, depending on who’s partnering him.

Virgil needs back-up - N’Dicka could provide that cover, and he’s left footed.

He could even prove himself to be Ibou’s long term partner, I don’t see Virg staying beyond his current deal.

1 Like

I thought the priority for us this summer was to get someone better and fit more often than Matip/Gomez (and Konate?) to fight with Konate for that RCB spot. Because we need quality and proper competition now, not so much backup replacements. Not just get a Virgil backup (and a future potential replacement), which is questionable how much would that player even play right now. Konate and Gomez (if he’s the one who stays) can both play LCB. N’Dicka would be only a LCB. Like I said, it is possible that we might shift Virgil to RCB more when N’Dicka would partner him.

Doesn’t N’dicka also cover left back?

According to transfermarkt, he played 17 times (out of which 14 for Eintracht) at LB in his career, which also includes some Ligue 2 and international U20 games). Back in the time when Eintracht played 4 at the back. But I see that there was Filip Kostic often in front of him on the left. So on paper he might have been at LB on these occasions, but it’s like that in terms of dynamics, it was probably Kostic who did most of the up and down and stretch wide job on that left side.

I think that’s sometimes just fancy bits of informations to add in an article about a player, find wherever he used to play, even for a few games. I think Maddock said he can cover at LB and DM. From what I know about us and about N’Dicka (more about the former of course!), I doubt we’d be using him anywhere but at CB.

Lorient want 20m for him.

Lets bring him home.

“He’s in the top 3% for successful take-ons, top 5% for tackles, top 6% for shot-creating actions and top 11% for assists.”

2 Likes

Isn’t he about 5ft tall? We need a few specimens in the midfield especially after Elliot is constantly battered for not being physical enough.

1 Like

We need a lot of things, all energetic midfielders with quality on the ball are welcome.

Would you really turn your nose with someone that can boast them sort of stats at 20m? There’s little to no risk involved.

Elliott gets battered for being out his depth and generally not good enough.

Every player has risk, even if only an opportunity cost.

1 Like

I think that’s extremely harsh on Harvey.

3 Likes

Elliott is doing very well to get into an upper Prem side at this stage of his career. Let’s remember that the overall side is struggling too, so whatever deficiencies Elliott might have in his game are not being helped. Ideally as a young player he would be introduced to a team that is firing on all cylinders, but that hasn’t been the case.

Elliott may or may not go on to be a regular in the side, we will have to see about that. But he has done well so far to get to where he is.

Good luck to him.

Elliott has had better and worse games and periods this season. It’s not been all bad. Good enough to play 40 games so far? Yeah, probably not. Carvalho has certainly struggled more, I don’t see how we find quality room/minutes for him next season. Not all of Bajcetic, Jones, Elliott and Carvalho will be here next season. I just don’t see how we manage to do it. Bajcetic and Elliott I give the most chances, the least to Carvalho and then we have to see what to do with Jones.

For where we are right now, I only see it as risk free.

Seeing as every signing has risk implications, then see it from a different perspective…clubs are obliged to make signings, without players you don’t have a club right, so in terms of all the other signings we could make, it’s a no risk signing.

That’s weird because I think Romano said a few days ago that there will be a short window this summer (beginning of it of course), when Kim’s €50m(?) clause will be available. Remains to be seen if Napoli can agree a new contract with him before then. They seem to be in a battle with time to agree new contracts with the likes of him and Kvara (different situation, no clause, but there could be one if he agrees a new deal).

I agree with you, difference between you and I however is I’m not afraid to say it.

That’s “our” priority - in so much as what we fans think. What the club and Klopp think is anyone’s guess.

What I’d say is, just because a player plays a position right now, doesn’t mean Klopp doesn’t see something else out of it. A decent CB, available for free, whilst allowing us to put the money into the midfield would make sense.

That’s not the only difference between you and I.

2 Likes