The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I realised it is more relevant to post that on the owner’s thread!

I wasn’t even referring to Bellingham. I am referring to any purchases above 70 million pounds lol without any substantial incoming fees from departures.

No-one a little bit suspect we have “walked away” from Bellingham as he got too expensive, yet our new priority is £70mil and £200k a week Mount?

Call me Susan but them maths don’t add up.

Mount’s not gonna cost £70m and nobody yet knows his wage demands and what we would agree. Currently, he’s on £80k. Like that potential move or not, he’s going to be way cheaper than Bellingham. More than twice the amount probably.

It will be intersting what we do, because we all agree we need a few new players. And some of them will still cost a good amount of money. The free ones mentioned, some are possible, but maybe they’re more used now in the media because it’s handy, after the Bellingham latest info.

I think we were likely in for someone like Laimer though. The N’Dicka on a free link has already been rejected. And I’m not sure if we’ll go for Tielemans.

2 Likes

Bellingham is at the very least 90 to 100 million pounds without accounting for the wages, sign on bonus and agent fee.

Mount may or may not cost 70 million pounds . That itself makes a huge difference.

We literally signed at £80m player last summer.

Chelsea are posturing. Mount will not be going for £70m, and any club paying that - or over the odds for any Chelsea player - are fucking insane.

It’s called a ‘fire sale’ for a reason.

Perhaps I should make myself clearer. I forgot to add " without any substantial incoming fees from departures".

We were also prepared to go €100m for Tchouamani, but he obviously rejected us to go to Real.

2 Likes

We do have some insane clubs in the league now. Reckon Newcastle be insane enough since they have a high chance of getting CL next season?

1 Like

Let’s see if we can tempt both RM and Tchouameni this time…

If we sign Tielemans I’ll be blowing the dust of my pitchfork.

Not only is he a bit rubbish, we could have got him last year on a knockdown price. If he is a player we are interested in, he should be in a red shirt already.

Which is why I think links to Tielemans are shite. He has been available for ages and nobody has nibbled. Nobody. There is something there that clubs are clearly not liking the look of, and that might have something to do with the amount of football in his legs. He is relatively young (ish), but he has the minutes of a veteran.

Don’t think he’s rubbish, but not sure how much our interest (if there is any, apparently there is) has increased after the latest info on Bellingham or it’s just media trying to add more names to the list. They know Liverpool will be an even more important clickbait in following weeks and months. Also not sure if he’s what we need.

But wouldn’t be the first time a transfer came out of the blue, like Fabinho and Jota.

Even the loaded clubs don’t punch themselves in the face.

Chelsea are in a phenomenally poor selling position. They have to get players off their books. They are in absolutely no position to demand 70m for Mount, and the whole of football knows that.

2 Likes

The difference is that while Fabinho and Jota were concluded quickly and caught journalists on the hop, Tielemans has been available for yonks and is the kind of lazy link that is often put out there for clicks.

The main source of my anger wouldn’t be signing him, it would be if we like him why didn’t we get him in for £15-20m last summer. It doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

Imagine a house with a perfect lawn and sound structure near the CBD that you like is on sale. The previous owner is cash-strapped and needs money. He puts it on the auction market and quote 100,000 quids. You go back and think about it. Can you see where I am coming from?

I’m feeling very confident Mount will be a Liverpool player, it will be in the region of £35-40m and Klopp has a Gini-esque pathway in mind, where he remoulds him into a midfield workhorse.

5 Likes

Why would it anger you, since you find him rubbish?

:joy:

Rarely.

I’m sure I’ve seen this kind of talk from you somewhere before…hold up.

Oh yeah that’s right…didn’t turn out so well did it?

You seem to have a lot of faith in these owners to pull off any deal to any strong link we have to player X.

Well, you knows what comes next in my analogy,don’t you?