The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

The biggest thing on Tielemans for me is the times I’ve seen him he can be so fucking lazy, we pull our hair out at the likes of Fabinho not tracking runners, Tielemans is that on steroids.

I really want some proper energy and pressing back into the midfield so we stop gifting up piss easy chances all game.

3 Likes

Yeah 100% agree. Tielemans not the player I want, although as a backup midfielder we could do worse (we aready are doing worse tbh).

My concern on Mount is that he’s played CM on and off for two seasons now and thebresult has been that he’s lost his place in the ream and never looked comfortable in that role. Statistically he’s shocking defensively, bad in the air, can’t make a tackle, doesn’t get interceptions etc.

Tielemans is lazy but he can be an effect8ve midfielder. Everything with Mount playing the 8 is projection that Klopp will work magic and make him good when to date he hasn’t been.

I don’t understand why we would sign a player like that with so many high performing midfielders available.

2 Likes

The footballing world has moved on from getting players like Salah and Mane for £30-35m…unfortunately FSG still think we are in 2016.

4 Likes

Our midfielders have produced a combined total of just three goals and four assists this season 🔍 •Fabinho •Jordan Henderson •Thiago, •James Milner •Naby Keita •Curtis Jones •Harvey Elliott •Arthur Melo •Stefan Bajcetic •Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Not necessarily Walshy.

PSG signed 3 very good midfielders in the last few seasons for no more than 35m a player in Vitinha Sanches and Soler. Couldv’e nabbed Tolisso on a free last summer, been playing regularly for Lyon this season. Couldv’e nabbed Kessie on a free last summer. Last midfielder Bayern signed happened to be a player we’ve been linked to…& he cost 15-20m.

1 Like

Ah the fucking house analogy! If it was me I’d be checking whether it was one of those new fangled sentient homes fancy dans in here seem to have and I’d be paying extra if if fuckin wasn’t.

2 Likes

Why do you think so? Lots of players around in that price range.

2 Likes

Hopefully, given that we are all discounting Bellingham…

Rice
Caicedo
Mount

All prem proven
All with the ability to learn and develop under Klopp.
Keep Thiago.
Hendo bit part.
Jones, Elliot and Bajcetic to stay.

Fabinho, Ox, Keita and Milner to leave.

Elliot is 5’6 at most, not 5’8.

1 Like

Noted, but it doesn’t change the point. If we buy a load of lads who are smaller in height, we’re going to need to keep relying on Fabinho and Hendo to add height to midfield.

Edit: Bajcetic is six foot, so that helps.

There is nothing I fancy about Tielemans - seems he’s always out of energy by 60-70mins. Of course, he’s a talented footballer, but there’s just not enough about him attributes wise that makes me think yes. I’d honestly rather have Jones/Elliot as the back ups over him.

Mount I’m more keen on, and would have him over Tielemans every day of the week. His form has been very patchy, but then so has Chelsea’s form on the whole. They’ve had the usual managerial merry-go-round, meaning he’s being asked to do very different things, whilst this season being in a overloaded squad, making things worst. He also helps with the homegrown issue.

1 Like

Just the £200m+ for those three.

We also signed Keita for £52 million. I’d argue that hasn’t panned out as well. There is a tendency amongst fans to assume that if they haven’t heard of a player or if they are signing for modest fees that they aren’t very good. The problem FSG has is that the Moneyball game works much better when the other clubs aren’t doing the same.

I suppose the next level is to pick up on the players who will be the next big talents. That’s a bit more difficult as there isn’t the data to play with although Bajcetic (if he recovers from his injury) would appear to be a gem of a discovery.

3 Likes

Tielemans is as far away from what we need as I could imagine. He’s got one speed going forward and that isn’t that quick but going back towards his own goal he’s even slower. He’s very lightweight and very flakey. He’s pretty much downed tools since that FA Cup final goal.

Can not see us being in for him. If he ends up here I’d be very very worried about what our recruitment team are doing.

As @Mascot says it would be infuriating to be buying him now when he could have been had last summer. Same goes for Nunes and Palhinha. Waiting a year to then just buy someone who was available last summer would just highlight how badly our recruitment has gotten.

4 Likes

Bajcetic and Jones are both 185cm tall. Height really isn’t our problem. Quality and legs are. In order to bring our pressing game back to life (which starts in attack, but it’s obvious what our midfield also lacks).

Yes

Do we have an unreliable analogy thread?

If not, it’s like a football team starting the season with an inadequate midfield.

2 Likes

Our midfield covers an area the size of Belgium and Matip is the same height as a double.decker bus.

2 Likes

This. A big fucking no thanks to Tielmans.

1 Like

Tielemans being lazy is a massively overstated opinion.

He really isn’t. He lacks pace and has a more languid style at times but he isn’t lazy.

That assertion is similar to the idea that Thiago is a luxury player who doesn’t tackle.

Lazy opinions, not players.

2 Likes