The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

& Chips in with a few goals…!

3 Likes

4-2-2-2 with Trent as the RDM and a midfield box?

https://twitter.com/anfieldedition/status/1656022322107621432?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

Makes sense, he counts as homegrown.

That one has been on the cards for ages.

1 Like

:exploding_head: This was so confusing to me I thought you’d found yourself in the wrong thread responding to the wrong comment. I dont think I’ve ever heard of him.

Ron Zieler… does he do exactly what it says on the tin?

West Ham wants 120m for Declan? Who do they think he is?

1 Like

Fake news, Schmadtke falls out with everyone so impossible for them to have a close relationship.

1 Like

He was at United a long, long, long time ago.

2 Likes

Question is, would he be coming in to replace Kelleher or Adrian?

Talk of a few clubs looking at Kelleher, including Spurs, Brighton and Brentford with a fee of about £20m being mooted.

Wouldn’t be selling him to Spurs for that but to either of the others with a buy back clause would be a good deal all round I reckon.

1 Like

Possibly for both, to become 2nd choice and then promote a Davies or whoever of the younger ones as 3rd choice.

1 Like

I assume RRZ would be Adrian’s replacement or a between Adrian and Kelleher and then Davies or someone would step up as third.

I assume both will move on if we are in for Zieler

I see it as similar to when Adrian came. The young keepers challenge was to knock him off the second spot, which Kelleher did.

So I think he comes in to replace Kelleher and Adrian, with the gauntlet to take his shirt thrown down to Pitaluga and Davies.

4 Likes

I think he needs at least a season out on loan or even a permanent move. He’s too good a goalkeeper to be sitting on the bench every week.

1 Like

If we made the EL next season (which is likely), he could get group stage games. But most probably we need the money this summer, so hopefully there’s enough interest for the price we want.

2 Likes

I quite like having a second goalkeeper we know we can trust, I would rather keep Kelleher around. Give him more game time if he is unhappy.

1 Like

He isnt young anymore and needs to be playing regular.
If Alisson left then fair enough but he isnt so the lads not going to get anymore games.

1 Like

Yeah. 24 going to 25 next season. 30 senior games in his career so far. He must be craving regular football. He deserves it and we deserve a good price for the sale.

4 Likes

I didn’t realise he was that old, definitely needs to be playing. He’s as good, if not better than most Premier League goalkeepers.

1 Like