The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Just pray Alisson don’t get injury :pray: :pray:

I don’t think Adrian has any aches and pains, as he spends most of his time with us sitting with his feet up, smoking a large cigar.

1 Like

As long as there is a clear second choice ahead of him.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/georg_holzner/status/1661752397641961473?t=IKypR12-fhzox1nS_4tziQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1663437598914650113?t=wwh2ilGxHjDweoueqWMYZg&s=19

Would be an excellent signing

5 Likes

If Real Madrid are interested in him, we’ll have no chance. Still, I rate him highly, he’s a good player, a versatile one as well. You’d think Man City would be interested in him because of that trait.

1 Like

He’d be best for a side mostly playing 3 at the back. Maybe an Inter or something.

1 Like

Or us, given Trent’s new tactical freedom.

5 Likes

There’s still a difference between a side playing 3 (or 5) at the back in all phases of the game and us, who combine Trent at RB defensively (in at least half of moments) and Trent in midfield when building in possession.

We will see how that develops over pre-season and into next season. How often it happens and whether there’s a full conversion of Trent into midfield, in more phases of the game than one. Or something else.

So far, there were not a lot of proper links with defenders. I still hope we are about to move out probably Matip and get a new CB in. What type would it be, that all remains to be seen. When we get some names properly linked with us, we might get a clearer picture what we’ll try and do on the pitch.

1 Like

WTF is this guy smoking??? Imagine FSG approving funds to sign TEN players… :rofl:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1663452147504095232

1 Like

Maybe it’s the withdrawal syndrome!!!

1 Like

Not sure if your sarcasm isn’t coming across strongly enough or you’ve misunderstood but he’s not saying he thinks we’ll sign ten players.

1 Like

Yeah, because FSG are cheapskates

You could almost say he is covering as many angles so that he can’t be considered wrong. We only need to sign one on that list and he can claim he was right.

I don’t even think it’s that. I think it’s a list of players he could see the club going for. I don’t think he’s passing it off as some kind of inside knowledge or so he can brag about it later. He’s just saying here’s players I think the club will be looking at, some of which would be more likely than others.

It’s hardly groundbreaking stuff.

3 Likes

The equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel. He’s going to get at least one fish if he has ten in the barrel, and can gain his twitter kudos as a result.

Yeah, he’ll look a right dickhead when our summer activity consists of James Ward Prowse and Will Hughes.

Please don’t say those names three times

1 Like

We won’t sign any of them.

To be fair it seems there is enough smoke around Macallister

5 Likes

Notice who Van De Ven currently plays for and who we’ve just appointed as our sporting director.