The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Well now I’m right back to Arsenal are overpaying for Rice lol

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid):

Unfortunately this is exactly the kind of shit that the hydrocarbon owners of the teams we are competing against would do. Jude was a great buy at/around 100m and I’m gutted we couldn’t get him

1 Like

No
For the reasons I said.

Mount’s price will be higher because Mac Allister had a release clause.

I don’t expect Mount to go for £70m, that’s just Chelsea playing brinksmanship hoping to get a silly fee for him. Even United won’t be stupid enough to pay that for someone they could have on a free in a years time. And it sounds like Mount has made his mind up that he wants United and so Chelsea have next to no leverage on this whatsoever.

But had Mount and Mac Allister both been in similar contract situations this summer I reckon Brighton would be asking for a similar figure that Chelsea are currently asking for Mount. Just look at their stance on Caicedo.

2 Likes

Rice Bellingham Grealish - 300m (English premium justified apparently - let’s not forget none of them had even won anything before they were being priced at that)

Caicedo Macallister Enciso - 10m.
Even Valverde Camavinga Vini - 80m

Then look at what clubs like Benfica do with Ederson Enzo Nunez for example - 30m.

2 Likes

Well true. Maybe they get the new owner or whatever is going on and they spend £70m just because the difference between that and £50m isn’t then really worth haggling over.

But at some point they have to have learned their lesson and ETH seems to be more sensible than others they’ve had recently.

1 Like

How much did he splunk for Antony again ?

3 Likes

ETH knows full well that once he starts to play more of his own signings, the pressure will really get ramped up on him then… While he is playing the deadwood like Shaw et al… he can remain on some sort of honeymoon period with the crowd, and more importantly, it staves off the criticism of him being clueless as a manager…!
Read somewhere he achieved one more point in a full season than OGS… or was it the same total… who cares…!
Not seen anything in him to worry about them winning things at our expense, when/if, we eventually play to our potential.

1 Like

Interesting that you picked their best defender (who I do actually rate) to call deadwood - fuck knows what that makes the rest of them :joy:

3 Likes

BREAKING! Speaking on talkSPORT, West Ham chairman David Sullivan says Declan Rice has played his last game for the club and thinks offers for the midfielder may start to come in from today.

2 Likes

Not sure the difference is ETH but more the owners finally putting an infrastructure in place to cut back spending both on fees and wages.

Bellingham is being sold by a German club to a Spanish club,why would there be an “english tax” put on him?The so called english tax is when the buying club and player are both english,or at the very least the club are.
I think its more the case that decent ,known players cost that bit extra and the big clubs,both in england and abroad are prepared to pay for them.

2 Likes

Get out of here with logic and facts. Those aren’t allowed. Only off the wall thoughts and conjecture are allowed. :rofl:

Well there would’ve been an english tax if we bought him….Dortmund wanted 130m from us? There isn’t that now obvs which is why in part he’s allowed to go for 88.5m

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1666783859529138178?t=LgBOSvrcQOszmt2V70VOBg&s=19

Happy days. Hopefully talks are productive as they both seem to have something about them. Not watched the required 10 games for either.

4 Likes

I think Rice is outstanding. Premier league proven in a shite team. Seems a good lad, humble, a leader, Irish roots. Sounds like a Liverpool player to me!

Kone and Thuram I admit to know nothing about, unlike the twitter experts who regularly watch Mönchengladbach.

Trust our scouting team, but I do think Rice would fit in seamlessly

7 Likes

It’s the usual football Christmas time.

Unless it’s an universally obvious mistake like Carroll from the moment we signed him, most people are mostly positive about their club’s signings - regardless if they watched them regularly or never heard of them.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve often moaned about how we’re due some good players from France (or French players, more like). Between Konate and these two, I hope that we can get our due. I also get the impression that they treat their internationals pretty well in terms of fitness, so if they come to Liverpool and become good enough to be a part of their national team, it will be a big bonus.

4 Likes
1 Like

We were also supposed to be paying 70mp for Mac Allister ,a price tag which doesn’t seem to have materalised.We shouldn’t believe everything we see online regarding these supposed prices.

1 Like