The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Being Asian, I always have a soft spot for Rice.

8 Likes

Whilst thatā€™s all fair and I do agree, itā€™s clear to me BVB didnā€™t rinse Madrid for what they were truly willing to pay for Jude, whereas with us you couldā€™ve bet your bottom dollar they wouldā€¦& to me that comes from the English treatment. ā€œYou want your boy back playing in his country? Pay up mofoā€™s 130m on the spotā€

To Madrid - ā€œWe bow down to you, the holy great sensation of European football, what would you like to pay for Jude? 88m? No problemsā€

Anyway thatā€™s all water under the bridge now, today is about AlexiMac and today I feel Argentinian.

1 Like

He wasnā€™t 100m. He was ā‚¬130m after addons, and in a team like RM, most of those addons are probably fairly likely to be triggered. Ā£250k/week on top of that. Perhaps the wages alone wouldnā€™t completely turn us off but thatā€™s a huge outlay, and Iā€™m not surprised we walked away.

3 Likes

I hope if he goes he goes to Arsenal. I donā€™t mind them and even though it helps them the guy seems too nice for Man Utd who are a bunch of scroats.

I doubt he is coming here just for clarification.

2 Likes

Agree. Arsenal seems the best fit.
Probably wouldnā€™t have to move house.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t get my hopes up on Rice. Watched the almost hour long interview of his with Neville, and he at that point heavily favoured Chelsea. With the state they are in right now though, he seems to have shifted goalposts to the more currently-in-form London club. Doubt heā€™ll win any more trophies over there than at his current club, but oh well, what can you say to misty-eyed young lads?

Fify

1 Like

We canā€™t have all the players, and Rice looks bound for Arsenal, to me. He would be an upgrade on Xhaka and give them some leadership and drive in the middle of the park.

As a Liverpool fan I donā€™t care about Arsenal, but I am able to see that they are a proper club, building up a good young team, and it makes most sense for them to go for Rice.

Obviously other clubs will be in for him, but if he goes to a plastic club, or a sport washing club, he will go down in my book (not that that would matter one jot to him!)

But as it stands he seems a decent sort, and a good player to boot, and Arsenal seems the right fit.

5 Likes

Be nice to have Bellingham in there with him though

I love the way these tweets come across as weve done Mac Allister then sat round a round table and goneā€¦right who is next?
The groundwork wouldve been done over the last few years and LFC know exactly who is next and the one after that.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not an option available to us under these owners though so doesnā€™t make much sense to speak of it, plus thereā€™s many other players out there thatā€™d fit that bracketā€¦& I believe this way weā€™ll be better off for it.

1 Like

If we only needed 1 midfielder then Bellingham would be ours. Ive no doubt about that. But we need 3 at least so makes sense to get 3 for price of 1.

5 Likes

That was probably the plan 12 mths ago alright,this season showed us we needed 2 if not 3 this summer which changes everything,pity though as he would have been fantastic .

Yeah, would have been great to sign him, but overall Iā€™d rather we sign 3-4 players this summer and not 1 or 2.

1 Like

Rice has stated in the past he canā€™t see himself moving Northā€¦

1 Like

The way some Londoners imagine the North is baffling to me.

1 Like

Chelsea make a lot of sense for him in a pure footballing PoV. I think he and Enzo would compliment each other really well and Poch is a manager heā€™d probably like to play for. But as a player I would steer far clear of them. Iā€™d need to see a season of sanity there with some clarity in what youā€™d be singing on to before Iā€™d even consider singing for them if I had other options.

2 Likes

Illustration Read GIF by Gustavo

2 Likes

I know; it was even worse than Iā€™d imagined.

1 Like

TĆ“ be honest most of London feels like the north.