The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’ve heard a recent report on youtube that Liverpool is backing off Kone and instead choose to prioritize Thuram. I’m fine with this as I always felt Thuram has the higher upside to be a complete footballer. Kone is more of a midfield destroyer #6 type.

I would be particularly happy with this news if Liverpool took the extra funds saved from not buying Kone and going after a stud like Josko Gvardiol to reinforce the defence.

Going after the two never made sense to me and always felt like the more likely interpretation of the stories was they were options for the same role. One of these two, plus the Spanish kid from Betis seems like a much more well rounded group of players.

3 Likes

There are probably other players being looked at. I love the assumption that whats in the news is all thats on the table.

3 Likes

betis or vigo

1 Like

Good point. See, send me to spain to buy a hot new target and I come back with the wrong fucking kid. It’d be like buying something from Wish

Why not? Thuram’s stats are those of a creative midfielder, whilst Koné is more of a defensive player.

The two of them together would be moutarde.

4 Likes

I prefer we signed Kone over Thuram.

Shit, we’re signing Dijon too?

1 Like

Exactly. I think we do need two more. Hendo and Fab need their rest periods to be effective. Given the mileage in their legs we shouldn’t be surprised.

2 Likes

Or a time machine.

3 Likes

Now now, let’s be kind to our pensioners

1 Like

I think Henderson will go down in history as our most under-rated player. He stepped into the biggest shoes at the club vacated by an utter legend. Well Hugo, I won’t forget you :slight_smile:

11 Likes

No.

2 Likes

Yeah, you love it really.

1 Like

Someone from the Mail linking JWP again thankfully it’s thrown in with a load of other clubs that wouldn’t achieve any clicks so I am safe to assume it’s less true than Martians.

Also seems to know we would only pay 25m which I think would be beyond any journalist knowing bar Joyce.

2 Likes

Getting nervous that we not getting him :persevere:

https://twitter.com/anfieldwatch/status/1667905998546255877?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

1 Like

If there is any truth in the article, it is probably just standard negotiation. Nice will probably feel they have more chance of getting a higher price by dragging talks out and either getting more clubs to bid or by Liverpool offering more money to get the deal done quickly.

3 Likes

Give big Jorg more time to get it done, he’ll work his magic. #InJorgwetrust

He’s not Gerrard. But he’s utterly class as a clubhouse leader. He thinks the game and feels the game as a captain should. I just wish he was as talented as Gerrard but that’s a tall ask for anyone.

3 Likes

Now I’m hearing that we’re going after Benjamin Pavard on youtube for 25-35m. This makes a lot of sense. Pavard would slide into right back and can also play center back. And this move also allows Trent to slide into the DM/CM role more permanently. So basically instead of buying Kone are we gonna put Trent into that role? If we’re going 3-5-2 this would be a key move to making that formation realistic for the whole season.

1 Like