The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Could this be because Jim Ratcliffe is the owner of Nice?

3 Likes

Be that as it may, still getting nervous :joy::joy:

1 Like

A little tip which might serve you well in the future is to not look for reliable transfer information on youtube.

2 Likes

I had wondered that myself…

1 Like

No one really knows Jack, problem is they need to make up for stuff that delays a deal they suggested was certain.

2 Likes

It would definitely be a big reason why they do not want to deal with us. Jim trying to buy United. Why would he want to sell to us.

2 Likes

On the basis he is a Man Utd fan I doubt we should have approached Nice in any form.

If that’s how this stuff works, let’s admit it, they know nothing.

Let’s just see what happens, reasons a deal hasn’t moved on are about as believable from these types as us wanting to pay £25m for Ward-Prowse.

No one would know this level of detail outside the clubs and no one is leaking it.

1 Like

We should have gone into negotiations wearing a mask, then right after singing ripped it off revealing the true identity of the club he sold his best player to

2 Likes

He’s got bigger things on his plate and I doubt he’s involved in transfer business beyond signing cheques.

More likely those initial meetings have been us sounding them out and them not immediately jumping at the chance to sell probably their prize asset. It’s hardly news.

The fact there’s so many different perspectives and so little concrete info should tell you no one really knows what’s going on.

Weird quirk of all those we’re currently linked with is their involvement in the U21 Euros. A decent run in that and the likes of Thuram, Kone, Veiga and van de Ven would all miss a good chunk of pre-season should any of them join. Could well mean starting next season with largely the same team plus Mac Allister whilst others get up to speed.

4 Likes

That last part is probably what will hold up any deal.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1667919807516233731?s=20

1 Like

If everyone is fit, I wouldn’t be surprised if we do that anyway

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if we work on other deals like a defender or someone not involved.

Has Jorg even actually started? I doubt you’ll see much until after this international window concludes anyhow.

Thankfully Macallister had his season finished, a cup final May have dragged it on.

Ah, there’s another reason to watch the U21s starting later this month

2 Likes

Gary off YouTube finds your comment hurtful

3 Likes

LOL never claimed it’s reliable. But this move does make sense on its face. This is the UNRELIABLE rumor thread after all.

Next rumor I’m hearing is Gabriel Veiga to Liverpool.

He’s a 21 year old Spanish midfielder who LIT up La Liga last season to the tune of 11 goals and 4 assists.

Veiga has elite stats for an attacking minded midfielder.

Could be a good one to scoop up young before he blows up into a much more expensive player.

1 Like

Questions are still be answered about how we approach next season with Trent, but if we are continuing with the 2-2 box when in possession then he makes a LOT of sense of one of the attacking options, especially if we are pushing for Thuram.

At the base - For the role next to Trent there would be 1 from Fabs, Hendo, Bajcetic, and maybe Thuram
At the top - any 2 from Elliott, Jones, Mac Alister, Veiga

3 Likes

Poor Thiago.

What’s up with his passing?

1 Like