The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

The next 2 in the list are probably an indication,carries and take ons .

1 Like

I could have sworn it’s been reported before that we’ve used intermediaries to obscure our interest in targets.

1 Like

He doesn’t and when he does he misses.

1 Like

He’s the main (only?) creative force in a fairly uninspiring team. His pass completion % is the same as Bruno and higher than De Bruyne.

That would be a very disappointing window, and would suggest that we’ve learned nothing from the last two years. Mac Allister on his own doesn’t even make sense. We have number of midfielders who can do a job in the attacking half of the field.

I’m finding this sudden u-turn in rumours hard to digest, so lets wait and see what happens in the coming weeks. Common sense suggests that we try to get at least one midfielder done before start of pre-season.

No one is suggesting Mac is the only signing - if that is how you are reading this part of the discussion?

With most of the squad fit we went on a comfortable 11 game unbeaten run in the latter part of the season. There isn’t a need to have all the new signings start from day one.

We’ve seen a number of signings under Klopp integrated into the first team gradually. Some of the incoming players, particularly the younger ones may need some time to adjust.

4 Likes

I only mean in the sense that a lot of those we’re currently linked with (perhaps even all of them) would likely be absent from the earlier parts of pre-season due to the U21 Euros.

Even if we signed say Thuram tomorrow, before the window opens, he likely wouldn’t get a full pre-season with us and that might see us start next season relatively unchanged.

Of course there’s always the possibility that we could sign someone else who’d be here for day one of pre-season and they also don’t start the first game. We’ve a history of easing players in.

Panic not, there’s plenty of time. I do wonder if there was someone at the U21 Euros that we were after whether we’d try and get a deal done before that starts or hold off until afterwards.

2 Likes

I see the JWP story has been rehashed in the mirror and they’ve added details completely ignoring we signed Macallister last week.

Like a really shit version of Chinese Whispers is our dear English Press.

1 Like

Power Rangers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

I think you’ll be safe to assume it hasn’t started.

2 Likes

I agree they are just waiting until after the U21 Euros to see if they have a bit of an auction at which point we will pull out as we didn’t like that game which was very often played by the Lyon owner Aulas

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1668081553287569408?t=L0fsiSK0IUHJ7398Oyt1Jg&s=19

4 Likes

3 new midfielders - right thing to do. Two of them should have arrived in the last 4 transfer windows.

2 Likes

Oh sorry my mistake. Got what yous two were saying.

2 Likes

So Gvardiol then. Or Van de Ven. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ignacio is another possibility…

1 Like

Inacio seems more realistic to me only because he can actually win headers. Gvardiol and van de Ven don’t do that.

2 Likes

If true, I’ll be happy with that. I have always just assumed it would be one more, but if there really are two more, I think it will be interesting what the intention will be going into next season.

We kind of have too many midfielders vying for the 8 position and not enough in the 6. Again, totally comes down to how we play. Fab would look expendable if we had better options there but we are pretty thin there, unless we rely heavily on Baj stepping up.

2 Likes

Other than Stef, Hendo may be given games there. Also, a lot has been made of Mac’s ability to cover multiple positions, which may be why we are being linked with more forward thinking options, and why Kone while is on our list may not be at the top of it.

2 Likes